Delw

possible new Commisioner Kate scott

13 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Might be good to let her see how the department really works and where all the funding comes from and if she gets to far out of line she gets out voted 4-1.  

Absolutley f'n NOT! you get one in and more come. She aint stupid she knows exactly how the system/departments work. shes already in it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ForkHorn said:

Ah yes.  A knee jerk reaction to the complaints of non hunters that do mostly nothing to fund conservation effort that hunters and anglers have been carrying for years  Makes sense.

People want to see wildlife but have no idea who pays for wildlife.

Exactly. 

I smell something wierd. ...

3 hours ago, ForkHorn said:

Ah yes.  A knee jerk reaction to the complaints of non hunters that do mostly nothing to fund conservation effort that hunters and anglers have been carrying for years  Makes sense.

People want to see wildlife but have no idea who pays for wildlife.

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, Delw said:

Absolutley f'n NOT! you get one in and more come. She aint stupid she knows exactly how the system/departments work. shes already in it.

Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.  

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

Well that thinking got us into alot of trouble over the years now hasnt it.

10 hours ago, 654321 said:

That only sounds good in the movies 

• Like 1

Most of her FB Page is anti border wall. She definitley has a love of AZ and it's resources and as an activist has a loyal following.

Hopefully the Gov. will NOT choose her.  But, the fact that she was chosen by the secret committee should raise the hackles of a right thinking hunter.  😷

• Like 2

Governor Ducey nominates Clay Hernandez to Arizona Game and Fish Commission

Posted January 14, 2021

News release from the Office of Governor Doug Ducey

PHOENIX — Governor Doug Ducey today announced the nomination of Clay Hernandez, a Tucson attorney and avid outdoorsman, to the Arizona Game and Fish Commission.

“Clay’s dedication to wildlife conservation and to his community make him a great fit for the Game and Fish Commission,” said Gov. Ducey. “I look forward to his service on the commission and know that he will serve Arizona well.”

Hernandez is a longtime hunter and angler and has dedicated nearly 30 years to wildlife conservation. He is a member of Trout Unlimited, the National Wild Turkey Federation, the Arizona Elk Society, the Arizona Antelope Foundation, and Project Healing Waters of Southern Arizona. He has served as president of the Old Pueblo (Tucson) chapter of Trout Unlimited and was on the board of the Tucson Chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation. He has volunteered as a fly fishing guide for Project Healing Waters in Arizona, Colorado and Alaska. He also volunteered for four years in an Outdoor Studies class for a Tucson High School.

“I am humbled and honored to be able to serve the Game and Fish community of Arizona in such an impactful way and am ready to hit the ground running,” said Hernandez. “I look forward to working with my fellow commissioners, and I thank Governor Ducey for this opportunity.”

Hernandez has called Arizona home for more than 40 years. He has been a practicing attorney in Tucson since 1986. He received a Bachelor of Science degree from Arizona State University in 1981 and his Juris Doctorate from the University of Arizona in 1986. He is a licensed pilot and speaks Spanish.

His nomination is pending confirmation by the Arizona Senate.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, bigorange said:

I saw this earlier today...is this in addition to or instead of the lady on this thread?

Instead of the lady.

• Like 4