Sign in to follow this  
Rkw3

Watch out for this guy mariana1

I commented on someone’s post about the Vortex Razor Binos and he sent me an email saying he had his for sale for $700 so I agreed to purchase them. I told him I would send half the money and send the rest once I got a tracking number and now he is completely ignoring me and still have not got the binos. He also wont refund me my money. So figured I would warn the rest of you! Good Luck Hunting. 

Never send any money.  And a good rule of thumb is if they are not a frequent poster dont risk spending a ton of money. 
sorry for your loss

• Like 7

Am I missing something? Why would he send them if you only sent half the money? Then again, he could just create a label and send you the tracking numbers to get the rest but I wouldn’t waste even a few minutes if someone hasn’t paid for it in full. 

• Like 1

I like to use paypal for protection but he wanted to use the CashApp app which should of been my first red flag but at least I didn’t send his entire amount he wanted!

• Like 1

He was being very sketchy on his responses. Started out texting me then he would only email me about 3 in the morning so I said I would send half and then would send the rest once I receive tracking numbers and he agreed to it. But he agreed to it so I figured I could trust him. 

17 minutes ago, matt said:

Am I missing something? Why would he send them if you only sent half the money? Then again, he could just create a label and send you the tracking numbers to get the rest but I wouldn’t waste even a few minutes if someone hasn’t paid for it in full. 

He’s a scammer.  That’s why he took half, it was better than nothing.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rkw3 said:

I commented on someone’s post about the Vortex Razor Binos and he sent me an email saying he had his for sale for $700 so I agreed to purchase them. I told him I would send half the money and send the rest once I got a tracking number and now he is completely ignoring me and still have not got the binos. He also wont refund me my money. So figured I would warn the rest of you! Good Luck Hunting. 

I don't want to pile on, but the guy didn't have a single post on this site, much less any sale/buy indicators. It appears to me that he's a scam artist, but I hope I'm wrong. Good luck. 

• Like 1

We tend to be very trusting and unfortunately have to be more vigilant. Sadly you must research people before sending money, or pretty much transact all business FTF.

Sad comment on society. I am very sorry for your situation.

Thank you for being willing to let the rest of us know of your misfortune. I appreciate, as many do on this site, your willingness to let us know inspite of any embarrassment that might be felt.

I thank you and applaud your great character.

Best wishes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, northAZarcher said:

Who is the guy? I'm sure he won't use the account again but just so we know who to look out for.

Nevermind, see it in the title now.

In addition to looking at names, Bb more concerned if someone won't use Paypal goods and services.  It's really the only way to prevent from being scammed if buying online

2 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

Yep you fell for it, that sucks.  You probably just supported ISIS or something. 

He's kind enought to try and protect/warn us, why work so hard to make him feel even worse? Why should anyone stick their neck further out if you are just going to bash them?

Why not just be grateful for his help?

Thank you Rkw3.

37 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

He's kind enought to try and protect/warn us, why work so hard to make him feel even worse? Why should anyone stick their neck further out if you are just going to bash them?

Why not just be grateful for his help?

Thank you Rkw3.

Why not just hush up? Sending money to someone you don’t know is foolish. 

• Like 2