rossislider

ISO Waterfowl Shells - 3.5" BB

I dropped the ball and didn't expect it to be as difficult as it is to find waterfowl shells for a crane hunt starting 11/29. I have some fallback stuff to use, but would really prefer to shoot Winchester Super X, 3.5", BB, 1 3/8 ounce or the Federal version of the same. Anyone have a few boxes sitting around that they would be willing to part with, or have a line where I can get some in the east valley? I have a few boxes being shipped, but it might not arrive in time. Willing to pay cash or trade (H1000 or Retumbo are trade options). 

20201118_164811.thumb.jpg.1f8782ce3ca32962d07e72c4be624a85.jpg

I also have the same crane hunt as you and went through this same issue on Sunday. I am in tucson and I spent 3 hours driving all  around before I found some. If you make it to tucson the ace at 22nd and kolb has shells but in 3 inch bb. 

• Like 1

I’ve got the same hunt and I’m located in the Safford area. I have the same ammo except for in 3 inch that I could spare a few rounds of if you can’t find anything else

• Like 1

Ughhh, i totally spaced on this myself. Better drive all over SV today.  I may also have to count on kindness of others. 

Have you thought about using lead? I used #2’s with great success.

Just now, Phil Carr said:

I had not. I have some backup stuff in steel in #2. So I an by no means desperate. Just hoping to find my preferred load.

Thanks

Cranes are not under the non toxic rule.  Lead is okay if you can find it.  Coyote hunters use BB or try dead coyote shells.  Expensive but you are only going to shoot 3 times.  LOL 😷

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Phil Carr said:

Cranes, Waterfowl, are steel shot ammo only, right? So lead is not really an option. Can you reload using real copper coated BB gun BB's?

Send me a pm if you want help with that hunt. I hunt there every weekend and can help with crane flight patterns if you would like. I also have a box of 3in BBB I don’t mind letting go. You should only need 3 shots anyway right 😜

• Haha 1