Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Deer Liver

I know I know this is going to give flashbacks to some dudes and ladies but it’s good for you. You can tell cuz it tastes good?

simple bread and fry with some frys  dipped in katchup laced with franks  

DDA5C860-6717-4CF2-A730-10A68481B5D3.jpeg

A544F33C-7662-460C-AF90-30BF825EF253.jpeg

If I was gonna try it I would try yours based on so many food posts. Still not convinced I would actually like it though.  

both Grandma's would flush out big vein, then soak in salt water brine for about 24 hrs, change water a time or two, then marinate in milk before frying in bacon grease with s & p & flour

• Like 2

4 hours ago, azslim said:

both Grandma's would flush out big vein, then soak in salt water brine for about 24 hrs, change water a time or two, then marinate in milk before frying in bacon grease with s & p & flour

Pretty much exactly what I did. Getting the blood out of the tissue helps with the iron Taste. Only thing my dad said was I sliced too thick. 

• Like 1

I’ll pass on organ meat, real high in cholesterol .  The birds get the guts, I only eat the red meat.

7 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

I’ll pass on organ meat, real high in cholesterol .  The birds get the guts, I only eat the red meat.

Your missing out on all the nutrients, theres a reason animals eat the guts first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NewlyMinted said:

would you compare it to chicken liver or beef liver?

Any thoughts of making vension pate?

Chicken,,,,Pate is a really good way to use it and cover the strong flavor. I like caramelized onions, egg yokes, oil, and fresh sage with salt and pepper. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Your missing out on all the nutrients, theres a reason animals eat the guts first.

the liver is a filter.... if someone ate my liver, they might  get drunk.  Bad things in those organs.  Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1