Sign in to follow this  
andrewmilich

Thought about HECS clothing

so I was watching outdoor channel and they keep advertising HECS clothing.  They say some mumbo jumbo about magnetic fields and animals..wasnt really paying much attention.  So I thought I would throw the topic out here to see what you all think about it.  Anyone use it?  

I mean I have had animals within 10 yards and I was wearing jeans...

10 minutes ago, andrewmilich said:

so I was watching outdoor channel and they keep advertising HECS clothing.  They say some mumbo jumbo about magnetic fields and animals..wasnt really paying much attention.  So I thought I would throw the topic out here to see what you all think about it.  Anyone use it?  

I mean I have had animals within 10 yards and I was wearing jeans...

Well there’s your answer on the last sentence. 

• Like 1

I have a buddy at work who swears by the stuff and has told me a bunch of stories about it. I have hard time believing it makes that much difference...or any difference. 

5 minutes ago, bigorange said:

I have a buddy at work who swears by the stuff and has told me a bunch of stories about it. I have hard time believing it makes that much difference...or any difference. 

I have heard stories also...thats why I am wondering if anyone uses it firsthand experience

This came up a few years ago, probably a gimmick.  When it first came out I could have sworn the body suit was like $800, looks a lot cheaper now.  It's still cheaper then Kuiu, give it a try.  

I got one of the suits for my birthday a couple years ago but haven't tried it out yet if I remember I'll wear it on my archery pig hunt in January

• Like 1

To be fair about all this. I’m pretty sure these are marketed mainly to eastern hunters (stand sitters) I really don’t think there’s anything wrong with doing everything possible to cover your scent when sitting. 

9 minutes ago, lefty said:

I got one of the suits for my birthday a couple years ago but haven't tried it out yet if I remember I'll wear it on my archery pig hunt in January

You owe it too us now.   Use it, report back  

28 minutes ago, lefty said:

Pigs don’t care anyways!

• Like 1

On that elk hunt I went on in September the person I was accompanying wanted us to wear that HECS clothing. I never experienced seeing how an elk or a deer reacted to it close enough to where it mattered, although I had some bunnies come in arms length to me while I was glassing. I would say your biggest thing is scent and movement.