Sign in to follow this  
nm2az arrowflinger

Ruger blackhawk 41 mag

How many rounds have been put through it?

Were they jacketed or hard cast bullets used in it?

55 minutes ago, 452b264 said:

How many rounds have been put through it?

Were they jacketed or hard cast bullets used in it?

For my own knowledge, is there a concern of shooting out a pistol barrel? I guess ive never considered it

21 hours ago, bowhunter-tw said:

For my own knowledge, is there a concern of shooting out a pistol barrel? I guess ive never considered it

If they are jacketed YES, it eats the forcing cone through gas erosion. Any of those pistol rounds that hit 1400 fps and up can eat up the throat.  My dad shot the throat out of his using a steady diet of jacketed bullets. If you use a hard cast bullet they last forever in comparison. 

There is no chance this gun is shot out. I have been a gunsmith for 16 years working on ruger revolvers solely. I do minor work from action jobs all the way to 5 shot conversions and probably handle 5 -10 a day. That's 30-60 thousand in my career. I have never seen one shot out. Anyone who wants to buy this revolver should rest assured knowing that this gun will out last you.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, bowhunter-tw said:

Takes a whole lot of ammo down the pipe to wear out a properly maintained pistol barrel chambered for a straight walled cartridge. 41 mag ammo is pricy, doubt many 41's out there have been "shot out".

• Like 1

Might want to mention location, everybody should put location in sig, this way nobody has to ask.

• Like 2