UggRedBilly

My WILD 12AW Late Hunt Trip

Hey folks! Before I go into detail of my adventure. I just wanna give a few shout outs to everyone who helped and landed a hand to me! 

Thank you Josiah for helping me on this trip! You're an amazing guide and I hope to see you again soon and hunt with you again at some point!

Thank you Damon for leaning as much as offering me your quad! I am sorry I couldnt text you that I didnt need to use it! I lost your number because my phone broke

Dave, thank you for some scouting advice back in july! I meant to follow you up on some more pointers but same issue happened with Damon!

Last but not least another Dave I met in Peoria! Thank you for allowing me to buy the ammo I desperately needed! It saved my behind!

Thank you all!

My elk trip was good. Only there for 2 days and saw only 3 elk. 1 bull and 2 cows. Got within 30 of the bull but by the time I saw him he was already running

But here we are with my deer hunt story!

11-19-20 I had left a little late but got to my unit around 430 PM drove down the FR22 to camp and I lost phone service. Google directed me to another outfitters camp and we didnt even know till hours later! So I eventually made it to my actual camp right down the road! Almost got myself a nice steal from that first camp lol!

11-20-20 OPENING DAY

I met my guide Josiah who was amazing! We left camp at 530 and got out to glassing before shooting light. Saw deer EVERYWHERE and even my biggest buck I had ever seen and he told me it wasnt a shooter. I was mind boggled! But I trusted him! Heard a shot hit a deer near us right at light. Saw 60 deer that morning passed 8 bucks too! Then passed another 2 that evening with seeing another 40 does

11-21-20 DAY 2 

We had set a trail cam on a water hole and saw a 210 plus buck on it! So we wanted to sit water that morning. We get there and passed a cool drop-tine buck but the other side had 2 points but still really cool! And saw about 30 does in 3 hours! We decided to stay sitting on the ground with little water, a few small snacks, and no blind or anything all day! So much action. Saw like 10 or 11 bucks that day! And countless does about 100-120 more! Heard some deer fighting that night too! Really fun!

11-22-20 DAY 3 TAG FILLED

My guide Josiah was teaching me a lot about hunting, life, God, everything in general! He was an awesome dude! We prayed before every hunt and it made me think and reflect on new things on a new level. And that's a great thing. We decided to leave camp before 5 AM and get there set up with a blind and chair and food before 6 AM. We were prepared for another whole day at the water whole this time! We said prayer at 6:50 AM opened the blind and 2 minutes later I see movement to the left and a doe comes down to water and then a buck. It was so dark all you could see what a silhouette of the deer and some horn. I put my cross hairs on every buck and wait for Josiah to say shoot or dont shoot. And he said shoot...that....buck. I didnt hesitate, I trusted him like family! So I shot immediately! Hit him really good with the .243 bout 100 yard shot! He went around the small hill behind the water with his doe. Then 2 minutes later that doe was hoofing it back the other way! So we left the blind to check and this was our result. After we got pictures we did the gutless method and all the guides helped me at camp because I never quartered a deer before so they taught me! It was a ton of fun! 

11-23-20 HEADING HOME

Well our guide left early because he had to take care of somethings at home! So me and my girlfriend left that next morning! We packed up tied the skull to my ice chest to show it off to all the cars on the way home. As we headed back into Flag we got into a hit and run. Almost was fatal buck I luckily swerved enough to only get my back quarter of my truck dented. We came out okay. The driver took off into a forest road and some nice folks chased them back out but then that same car hit another on the highway right next to mine! So they had no choice but to pull over! They were just scared! They were younger than me and I'm 19. So we called the police and they helped us all out! Nobody was injured thankfully! But God was protecting all of us in that incident! For all the cars going 65 I would say damage was pretty minimal! But here is pics of all the highlights of our adventure!

20201123_120620.jpg

Resized_20201123_183453.jpeg

Resized952020112295102122-0195wm002.jpg

Resized_20201122_080458004.jpeg

20201122_074535.jpg

• Like 27
  • Great Buck! 4
  • Wow! 3

Wow what a buck! Josiah is a class act for sure...I met him in 19a while I was scouting one time and has been very helpful to me over the years. Huge congrats and glad that accident turned out okay. 

Holy crap dude!

First off that is an amazing buck! Huge congrats on your deer. Secondly, huge congrats on just being alive and im glad the people got caught.  Glad you are ok. 

Did you pay for a guide or did josiah just offer to help? 

Just now, CatfishKev said:

Holy crap dude!

First off that is an amazing buck! Huge congrats on your deer. Secondly, huge congrats on just being alive and im glad the people got caught.  Glad you are ok. 

Did you pay for a guide or did josiah just offer to help? 

I joined the program called zeroguide fees before I put into the draw and it is a early membership where you pay 175$ a year and once you get drawn for the late seasons or strip tags you will get a fully outfitted hunt! I was lucky because it was my first year! And even luckier to have Josiah! Join it if you are putting in dude! 175$ for a 5500$ fully outfitted hunt! Fantastic deal dude! They do other states plus elk, antelope, and sheep too!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow! 1

4 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

I joined the program called zeroguide fees before I put into the draw and it is a early membership where you pay 175$ a year and once you get drawn for the late seasons or strip tags you will get a fully outfitted hunt! I was lucky because it was my first year! And even luckier to have Josiah! Join it if you are putting in dude! 175$ for a 5500$ fully outfitted hunt! Fantastic deal dude! They do other states plus elk, antelope, and sheep too!

I vaguely remeber you posting that.  That is awesome man. Im very happy for you. That is a phenomenal buck and its awesome to see a youngster get hooked into the sport of hunting. Huge congrats man! 

8 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I vaguely remeber you posting that.  That is awesome man. Im very happy for you. That is a phenomenal buck and its awesome to see a youngster get hooked into the sport of hunting. Huge congrats man! 

Thanks man! I'll be heading out in January for OTC I know of a huge buck that made it through this year that I got my eye on pretty good!

• Like 1