Sign in to follow this  
NOTAGS

Range Finder feedback?

My Leupold RX1000I TBR took a dump on me, lost the LCD display.  I only really use it for archery .  Leupold will let me buy a new unit for 50% of retail, but considering my dead unit is only 7 years old ,  and new only have a 2 year warranty, not a fanboy.  I dont want to dump a bunch of money,  did that on some ranging binos a couple years ago that are my go to for gun hunt, s but a little cumbersome for the archery hunts.

I have heard good stuff about the SIG with a 5 year warranty. , I know Vortex has a lifetime warranty, but I heard their response time was pretty slow on warranty handling.  Going on the el cheapo, trying to keep it under $250 for as little as I get to use them.

Looking for input, both  good experience and long life or crummy customer service reports for SIG, Vortex or Bushnell.

Ironically, my OLD Bushnell " original  laser rangefinder" still works after 30 years. Just rather large compared to the new stuff, LOL.  As big as my binos.

Happy with my Sig so far...haven’t had any issues but also haven’t had to use their service so no reference there. It has a much better display and can range much longer distances than my old Nikon. 

I have a kilo 1250 (now a discontinued model) that I am happy with. Probably not too much different from the newer entry level models. Let me know if you would like to borrow it for a field test. Ironically, I have no tags...

44 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Happy with my Sig so far...haven’t had any issues but also haven’t had to use their service so no reference there. It has a much better display and can range much longer distances than my old Nikon. 

Which Model do you have?

7 minutes ago, Bucks&bulls said:

I have a kilo 1250 (now a discontinued model) that I am happy with. Probably not too much different from the newer entry level models. Let me know if you would like to borrow it for a field test. Ironically, I have no tags...

Neither do I , just being proactive after  going to  use mine for zeroing a rifle and nada.  I appreciate the offer, I have looked through my buddies and they're sweet plus they range super quick. 

I guess if no one has had to use their customer service, that is a good thing.  It took me two days to get through at Leupold, and while I appreciated the 50% off a replacement, I  would rather have one  that will  last longer .

I researched around and found reports the Leupold  rx-1000i had issues like that and sounding like it was not an isolated occurrence, but of course I had bought mine years before. Mine must be going on ten years old and still looks good. It gets used for the Coues hunt and a maybe a dozen more times a year. I don't know if I am lucky or if storing it with the battery removed helps.   If mine dies I'll buy another if they offer me the 50% off.

I have the SIG Kilo850 for archery and I love it.  I can range black 3-D targets and always get a reading where as my Leica wouldn't be able to give me a read out on dark colored objects

So the SIG  can be set for   the actual  horizontal distance  for when you are ranging up or down hill, correct?

I hate my Sig 2200. I’m comparing it to a lieca 1600. Not as clear and hard to range past 1500 yards. I’ll be putting it up for sell soon.

• Like 1

I got a great deal on a Nikon pro 7i.

A friend inherited it new in the box and sold it to me at half price.

Pros: it's fast and continuously ranges. It's small and 6x

Cons: Not threaded for tripod.      I'm no genius but no matter how many times I read the manual or watch the videos, Ican't figure out how to use the angle feature.    Also, it's impossible to read the values in low light.

I bought a Sig 1600BDX and while I haven't used it a whole lot yet, it works well. I thought it would range rocks and trees farther but only get it to read about 700-775 yards. The main thing I like is the red/orange readout. It's really easy to see.