Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

3 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

I wouldn’t even be mad if they banned them from a hunting standpoint. But I would be sad because I like to look at wildlife 

35 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

I don't use them. I don't like them. But I sure as heck don't need more government regulation. 

For those of you that want them banned, why?

thats my feeling as well. I dont use them either and I dont like them, but I love seeing the pics.

I think it got overly excessive over the years. Kaibab is ridiculous, unit 8 and 9 are just as bad.as I am sure some other units.

• Like 1

1 and 27 are bad. I'm on a lot of someones cams. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delw said:

I think it got overly excessive over the years. Kaibab is ridiculous, unit 8 and 9 are just as bad.as I am sure some other units.

I just spent the last week on the Kiabab and I actually didn’t find a single water source that had a ‘ridiculous’ amount of cameras on it (most was 4).  I had heard stories about how bad it was, but that was not my experience (maybe I wasn’t hunting in the right spot though -haha).

At times I actually wished I had taken some cameras up myself to place during the hunt.

No need for more regulation, we already have plenty of that these days, and no need to make another rule that cannot be enforced by the one WM assigned to a unit.  

What is Game and Fish trying to do here?  Are they concerned about fair chase?  Trying to assuage public pressure?  I am curious what is the motivating factor for banning cameras.

I think I said it last time this came up, but why doesn't AZGFD take this opportunity to sell Game Camera Permits, just like OHV permits.  $40-$50 a permit per camera each year.  There must be at least 10,000-50,000 game cameras that operate in AZ on a yearly basis.  That would bring in a cool $500,000-$2,500,000+.  That's a lot of water hauled, fences fixed, new trucks, employee salaries, etc----every year.  The strip guides that run 300+ cameras each can afford the extra fee, or cut back until they can. The average guy with 4-5 cameras can choose to pony up a couple hundred bucks a year, or forego them.  I don't think enforcement would be that difficult as the wardens visit the water holes fairly frequently already. Did they ban OHV's when there was tons of illegal off-roading/wildcat roads being made, or preventable accidents?  No, they sold a stamp for education and enforcement.  

Are cameras really a problem?  It appears they might some benefit with regards to catching poachers, like that assclown in Heber. 

Also, it feels like once an AZGFD employee figures out a way to make his or her "mark" on the department, they will try over and over again regardless of the consequences or reality.  

4 hours ago, Millhouse said:

I just spent the last week on the Kiabab and I actually didn’t find a single water source that had a ‘ridiculous’ amount of cameras on it (most was 4).  I had heard stories about how bad it was, but that was not my experience (maybe I wasn’t hunting in the right spot though -haha).

At times I actually wished I had taken some cameras up myself to place during the hunt.

No need for more regulation, we already have plenty of that these days, and no need to make another rule that cannot be enforced by the one WM assigned to a unit.  

I agree this will be a lot of work to enforce. 

Since AZGFD doesn't own land, ie BLM, State Trust NF etc and Game Cams don't take game by what authority can they regulate aka ban, the use of them?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Since AZGFD doesn't own land, ie BLM, State Trust NF etc and Game Cams don't take game by what authority can they regulate aka ban, the use of them?

Interesting 

11 hours ago, PRDATR said:

AZGFD doesn't own the airspace and airplanes and drones don't take game but they still banned the use of them for taking game.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

They manage the wildlife.

GnF doesn't own air space yet they can ban you from flying within 24 hrs of hunting.

They banned drone use even if you are on your own property to aid in taking wildlife within 24 hrs.

It's actually 48 hrs before a hunt.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, runningbird said:

once again, will those of you concerned attend the meeting.  Or will you just sit on the computer and complain if you don't like the results.

at 8am on a weekday? probably not. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

at 8am on a weekday? probably not. 

Don't most big game hunts start on a weekday?  Most people more than willing to take that day off if it means that much to them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 654321 said:

Don't most big game hunts start on a weekday?  Most people more than willing to take that day off if it means that much to them.

Apples and oranges