Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

1 hour ago, NoBull350 said:

I’ll be a little upset if the commission clowns vote to ban cams . My kids love to go cam hunting in the off season . 

As did your brother. Great family values, but not at all surprised.

I walk up to a waterhole and expect to be on at least 3-4 different trail cameras. Then there are cameras watching cameras. I wouldn't care a bit if they banned them.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

The Camera issue was before the Commission in 2018. Any Regulation on Cameras was soundly voted down by the Commission .

This time there will be some type of parameters put on them. Anti - Hunting organizations are already targeting them here in Arizona.

As I was one of maybe 5 guys that was at the very 1st meeting at AZGFD headquarters over Trail cams. I know that Jay Cook of AZGFD had already decided a ban was gonna happen on his watch and he was all for it. But the Commission shut it down. One commissioner said he was afraid it would make criminals out of law abiding citizens.

I love using Trail Cams. Its fun , its exciting, its fun to share, its hard work,  do I think it effects wildlife?  NO ( they adapt very quickly) . But there will be more guys in the woods at prime time if a ban is put into effect and it will definitely affect the animals more than Trail cams. 

Do specific animals get targeted because of Trail Cameras ? YES  

Do more mature animals get harvested because of Trail Cams? YES

So if we  are going to have regulations put on them then just have them pulled down before the 1st big game hunt in August till the end of the year each year.  Then everybody is on a level playing field coming opening morning. Kind a like when it rains 1 day before opening day. 😁

Bottom line is AZGFD has already made up its mind on what and how  they are going to regulate Trail cams.   The Commissioners are the only hope left for some type of a reasonable solution! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

The Camera issue was before the Commission in 2018. Any Regulation on Cameras was soundly voted down by the Commission .

This time there will be some type of parameters put on them. Anti - Hunting organizations are already targeting them here in Arizona.

As I was one of maybe 5 guys that was at the very 1st meeting at AZGFD headquarters over Trail cams. I know that Jay Cook of AZGFD had already decided a ban was gonna happen on his watch and he was all for it. But the Commission shut it down. One commissioner said he was afraid it would make criminals out of law abiding citizens.

I love using Trail Cams. Its fun , its exciting, its fun to share, its hard work,  do I think it effects wildlife?  NO ( they adapt very quickly) . But there will be more guys in the woods at prime time if a ban is put into effect and it will definitely affect the animals more than Trail cams. 

Do specific animals get targeted because of Trail Cameras ? YES  

Do more mature animals get harvested because of Trail Cams? YES

So if we  are going to have regulations put on them then just have them pulled down before the 1st big game hunt in August till the end of the year each year.  Then everybody is on a level playing field coming opening morning. Kind a like when it rains 1 day before opening day. 😁

Bottom line is AZGFD has already made up its mind on what and how  they are going to regulate Trail cams.   The Commissioners are the only hope left for some type of a reasonable solution! 

Which anti-hunting groups specifically are pushing for this ban?

Its not a fair chase issue. If it were the Clubs like Boone and Crockett and Pope and Young who define Fair Chase would not allow animals to be killed with their aid. This is unenforceable. Why put the Department in this position if we know it will be almost impossible to enforce? This is just a bunch of crybabies who didn't get their way last time going outside the rulemaking cycle to get what they want. Stinks to high heaven if you ask me and I don't even own a trail cam and never have.

• Like 2

I dont think that G&F even has jurisdiction on cameras.  Will this only apply to people who have a hunting license or a tag for the area?  😷

• Like 1

I agree with Sir Royal. The Department made up their mind in this a long time ago. Possibly more entertaining than watching Russ cry, was seeing the look on Jay Cooks face when they voted no. It was like he just got done taking a bite of a turd sandwich. Pretty funny!

43 minutes ago, northAZarcher said:

And would it mean G&F would stop using them for studies on animals? Or is it do as I say and not as I do?

There willbe exclusions for official work.

46 minutes ago, ThomC said:

I dont think that G&F even has jurisdiction on cameras.  Will this only apply to people who have a hunting license or a tag for the area?  😷

Do they have jurisdiction over no fly rules? Of course they do!

2021 apps will will have after point guard a section to purchase a trail cam usage sticker per camera limited to a specific number per customer. My guess anyway. They wont ban them if they can make bank off of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TOBY said:

2021 apps will will have after point guard a section to purchase a trail cam usage sticker per camera limited to a specific number per customer. My guess anyway. They wont ban them if they can make bank off of them.

Not gonna happen !!!

I'd vote for them to be removed by Aug 1. That gets rid of the fair chase discussion, the why are you checking cams for your hunt in 2 weeks while I'm sitting here discussion and the how many people do some of these guides employ to run cameras during season discussion. It also provides a balance so they don't get completely banned which is where this is headed (just one major incident away) if there isn't some balance. Just my .02

They use the honor system for the rules they have now. How in the heck are they going to enforce something else

Most cameras are on tanks, most tanks are near roads, most bolt cutters will free said cameras.  If you Want to cheat cheat, rules are rules for most people. I think....

• Like 1