Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

Sierra club, wildlife defenders, and center for biological diversity, the the two universities have thousands of trail cams out for wildlife in AZ, cant imagine that they are opposed to them.  

then between BP, USFS, BLM and local and state law enforcement there are a nother several thousand trail cameras out in Arizona... 

how is game and fish going to determine who's camera is whose? #unenforceable

• Like 1

Game and Fish Commission has the Authority to regulate take. How are they going to prove the camera was involved in the take of the animal in a court of law?

Do you guys honestly think that the honor/shame system would not work with camera enforcement?   Let's get real, the odds of seeing a warden in the field is pretty slim.  Knowing this, most everyone I know follows the laws on the books.  Why would they not follow the camera laws?  

Enforcing the law in the problem areas would not be that difficult.  The amount of tanks that have a significant problem are in a fairly small area with a select few guys ruining it for everyone. *Que the tears. 

The replies about agfd and usfw discontinuing use of cameras because we can't use them, are ridiculous.  We can't have a lot of things that gov't agencies can have.  

Gonna be weird when guides have to start putting time in the field again to produce results.  No, checking all the camera cards does not equate to time in the field.  

• Like 6

7 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Do you guys honestly think that the honor/shame system would not work with camera enforcement?   Let's get real, the odds of seeing a warden in the field is pretty slim.  Knowing this, most everyone I know follows the laws on the books.  Why would they not follow the camera laws?  

Enforcing the law in the problem areas would not be that difficult.  The amount of tanks that have a significant problem are in a fairly small area with a select few guys ruining it for everyone. *Que the tears. 

The replies about agfd and usfw discontinuing use of cameras because we can't use them, are ridiculous.  We can't have a lot of things that gov't agencies can have.  

Gonna be weird when guides have to start putting time in the field again to produce results.  No, checking all the camera cards does not equate to time in the field.  

Very True!

The for profit guides will just hire non hunters to run their cam lines.  My daughter is doing a study of the left wing tit mouses sex habits.  The lame and fishy is just throwing shoot on the wall to see what sticks.  They will only catch the really dumb people anyway so that is good right?  Will the "rule" fix any problem that they percieve? NOPE😷

Is the thought that they are looking to ban them or to create a season for them? I can’t remember where, but don’t some other states have seasons in place for their use? Personally, this seems like the best solution. 

I bet they’re planning a season. Rep Thorpe proposed HB2130, which would do exactly that. It looks like it’s gone back and forth between the state legislature and the AZGFD rule-making process, but it could have something to do with it.

Bill:

https://legiscan.com/AZ/text/HB2130/id/2088833

Withdrawal:

https://www.azleg.gov/press/house/54LEG/2R/200116THORPEHB2130AND31.pdf

• Like 1

Also- this is only for hunters/ guides who are hunting those water sources- AZGFD only has authority for hunting oversight- All other individuals are free to do so for their enjoyment without concern (as long as not hunting or helping someone). My question is how will this play out... Lots of infighting, accusations and increased theft do to those who believe they never should see another camera on a water source.  Its going to get crazy!

7 minutes ago, bowhunter4life said:

Also- this is only for hunters/ guides who are hunting those water sources- AZGFD only has authority for hunting oversight- All other individuals are free to do so for their enjoyment without concern (as long as not hunting or helping someone). My question is how will this play out... Lots of infighting, accusations and increased theft do to those who believe they never should see another camera on a water source.  Its going to get crazy!

My thought as well.  A lot of enforcement volunteers out there to help remove what they think should not be there.  Only way around it i see is BLM and national forest would also have to make rules that follow the same "season" or cameras will be getting ripped of trees left and right.  

• Like 1

Do lots of non-hunters use trail cameras in the woods?  

I get that there is always going to be those guys, who are hunters, but claim they only like to look at the pictures and they don't use them for hunting.  I still think most will follow the law.  

26 minutes ago, CouesFanatic said:

Ban guides=problem solved 

What is the problem we are trying to solve?

• Like 1