Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

8 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Are they privileged people?

Probably, but it depends where their ranch is.  

On 12/3/2020 at 4:39 PM, NMBPMAN said:

Let’s start with the armies of guides and helpers that flood an area for one client, sitting on every ridge top, parked at the end of every road, and all the camps for said clients/guides/helpers.  I’d have to say, and this is my own opinion, if a grown azz man cant go out and find himself an animal or even field dress his own animal after harvesting one, maybe he should find something else to do for posting about on Instagram or Facebook. 

Well as for an  Army of Guides that happens for sure. Myself I am an Army of One Guide. I do all my own work although I work with an outfitter.

Im not interested in the money I have a good Business.  But I do like to at least get the return costs on my gas , scouting and expenses.  I used to pay it all out of my own pocket and helped many people . 

There are many on this site here I have help and or been in the field with on my dime. 

I found guiding gets me out more often in units I love to hunt. 

So too sum it up I run a non- profit Guide organization and I love it!! 

Sorry your so misinformed! 😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, ThomC said:

The commission should hold meetings in every part of the state if they want to hear other ideas than what the CC has on their agenda.  Hiding in Payson means they are closed to any other suggestions.  

If the guides are the problem then it is the G&F job to control their guides.  The average hunter is not littering the hills with cameras the guides are.  For profit guides should have to operate under different "rules" than average hunters.😷

You sir are an uninformed wanna be that has exactly no knowledge about guides or what we do. Your jealousy based byass wreaks right along with your loser hunting skills. 

Individuals with Trail cams out numbered guides cams 5 to 1 were I hunted this year in one of the Top units! 

Guys like you are the computer blowhards that dont get off there fat behinds and do the work but think they know something! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/2/2020 at 9:49 PM, CouesFanatic said:

Sorry if I offended your profession. Do you think the majority of the people running hundreds of cams are guides or non guides? Insta posts of hundreds of cams are not helping. How many non guides are running this many cams? I think we can agree guides are the worst offenders.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 9.47.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 9.45.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.00.10 PM.png

1 hour ago, bigbuckclub said:

If the ban passes, then G&F better not be running any trail cams either. For research reasons or whatever else. My 2 cents. 

It will pass and AZGFD will legally be able to run cameras as part of their official duties.  They fly planes and helicopters during hunts for survey purposes, they use bait to trap turkeys for translocations, ect. ect.  

• Like 2

On 12/2/2020 at 9:49 PM, CouesFanatic said:

Sorry if I offended your profession. Do you think the majority of the people running hundreds of cams are guides or non guides? Insta posts of hundreds of cams are not helping. How many non guides are running this many cams? I think we can agree guides are the worst offenders.

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 9.47.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 9.45.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.00.10 PM.png

Excuse me If I offended your obsession CouesFrantic. But no one is paying you to think what you think you know about guides. Your jealousy wreaks and has given you a byass against guides that is uncalled for. Kinda like Hillary throwing us all in the Deplorable basket. You must be a left wing nut job! Where I hunted this year individuals cameras out numbered guides cams 5 to 1 . 

Most guides are courteous and dont check a cam till midday unlike individuals who dont think of others and they check them at all times. 

So all the time and money invested in the training ,the skills and the knowledge involved in having game wardens in the field. Their time will be spent chasing down and findng hunters and guides  and charge them with a crime for taking pictures of animals.

Think about it !

Like there isn't more important issues!

What a waste of valuable manpower.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

Well as for an  Army of Guides that happens for sure. Myself I am an Army of One Guide. I do all my own work although I work with an outfitter.

Im not interested in the money I have a good Business.  But I do like to at least get the return costs on my gas , scouting and expenses.  I used to pay it all out of my own pocket and helped many people . 

There are many on this site here I have help and or been in the field with on my dime. 

I found guiding gets me out more often in units I love to hunt. 

So too sum it up I run a non- profit Guide organization and I love it!! 

Sorry your so misinformed! 😁

I’m glad you’re doing it the way you’re doing it I suppose, but not all the outfitters guide hunters the way you say you do things.

I really don’t mind the guides out there one on one with a client, but when they have an entourage that rappers would be jealous of, that’s a little ridiculous.  I’m sorry you took offense to what I said but I still stand by what I believe since I’ve seen it happen.  

I wouldn’t consider myself misinformed as I’ve witnessed it numerous times with my own eyes.  I used to have places in the southern units where I’ve never seen another person up until about two years ago, fast forward to the present day, and now those areas are completely flooded with guides (Insert Outfitter Name Here) and their cameras, I’ll let you figure out which ones. 

Everyone competing for the biggest baddest animals to post up on social media for the comments/likes/virtual pats on the back, outfitters trying to get the clientele with watermarks on every picture, it’s all become just short of a big azz animal prostitution ring. 

• Like 7

If a game warden suspects me of using a camera of taking wildlife utilizing a game camera would he not have to get a court order to seize the camera to try and build his case?

10 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

Excuse me If I offended your obsession CouesFrantic. But no one is paying you to think what you think you know about guides. Your jealousy wreaks and has given you a byass against guides that is uncalled for. Kinda like Hillary throwing us all in the Deplorable basket. You must be a left wing nut job! Where I hunted this year individuals cameras out numbered guides cams 5 to 1 . 

Most guides are courteous and dont check a cam till midday unlike individuals who dont think of others and they check them at all times. 

This is very true. Each time all our guides went out to check cams they left from 12-130ish. Also being in a high demand unit the most cams I saw at a trick tank were 4 or 5. Also the spot we sat on had only our 1 cam and then one other person's camera and they checked it in the middle of the day too at like 1 PM. Maybe there is a FEW rotten apples. But from my experience everyone was respecting each other!

4 minutes ago, jim said:

If a game warden suspects me of using a camera of taking wildlife utilizing a game camera would he not have to get a court order to seize the camera to try and build his case?

Burmuda shorts, Polo shirt and Berkenstocks for checking your cams.  Probably wouldn't hurt to drive a Subaru too.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

So as long as we are courteous and don't check cams early in the day we can put as many cams out as we want and it makes no difference? This is exactly why they are going to pass the camera ban. Guides have no clue that they are ruining it for the rest of us.

• Love 2

4 minutes ago, CouesFanatic said:

So as long as we are courteous and don't check cams early in the day we can put as many cams out as we want and it makes no difference? This is exactly why they are going to pass the camera ban. Guides have no clue that they are ruining it for the rest of us.

What are cams ruining? So what if there is a ton? Is it okay if a normal person has just as many cameras?

1 minute ago, UggRedBilly said:

What are cams ruining? So what if there is a ton? Is it okay if a normal person has just as many cameras?

I'm against the ban and I don't see the g&f's supposed fair chase issue or hindering wildlife issue. But the G&F has this rule in their sights and is going to pass this. Everyone should be able to run as many cameras as they want, it's just the guides that are running 100X more than the average hunter or even hardcore hunter, drawing the attention and driving the complaints to the G&F. G&F is sick of dealing with it and is going to ban them completely. Thats my thoughts anyway.