Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

1 minute ago, CouesFanatic said:

So as long as we are courteous and don't check cams early in the day we can put as many cams out as we want and it makes no difference? This is exactly why they are going to pass the camera ban. Guides have no clue that they are ruining it for the rest of us.

You Sir are blaming the wrong people!  Nobodies  ruining anything for you . Your using guides as an excuse to justify your lack of skill! If they do take away cameras so be it . I will still harvest Trophy animals as I always have before cameras . Because 1st and formost I am a hunter. Most of the professional guides will still take trophy class animals. Thats why we get hired . We are out there more than you, we know more than you,  we put in more time than you,  thus we get paid more than you. 

And believe it or not not all outfitters or guides are jerks . I will venture to say I see more morons that are wanna be hunters out there doing stupid things with their barage of family and friends that dont have a clue! 

• Like 3

Just now, SirRoyal said:

You Sir are blaming the wrong people!  Nobodies  ruining anything for you . Your using guides as an excuse to justify your lack of skill! If they do take away cameras so be it . I will still harvest Trophy animals as I always have before cameras . Because 1st and formost I am a hunter. Most of the professional guides will still take trophy class animals. Thats why we get hired . We are out there more than you, we know more than you,  we put in more time than you,  thus we get paid more than you. 

And believe it or not not all outfitters or guides are jerks . I will venture to say I see more morons that are wanna be hunters out there doing stupid things with their barage of family and friends that dont have a clue! 

SirRoyal this isn't a pissing match. Ive killed a lot of big animals and I'm sure you are a good hunter as well. I've seen some of your pics and I know we both know what we are doing when it comes to finding big animals. We can agree to disagree on who is the main culprit. I've met good guides and some real bad ones. It's just unfortunate it's coming to this where the average Joe can't run a camera or two anymore in a mediocre unit where it isn't affecting anyone. Thats the real issue I see here.

• Like 3

So many rebels and outlaws in here who will continue to run cameras if they get banned.  Reminds me of the baiting debacle that went down a few years ago.  So many big talkers, yet the number of piles of corn, buck jam and others I used to see in the field went to almost Nil.  

A game wardens job is to enforce the law.  Whether it be for illegal use of cameras or poaching or OUI.  The world is not ending, hunting is not ending, everyone will be ok, I promise.  Big deer are still gonna get killed.  Big elk are still gonna get killed.  

As with anything else, a few guides shined a spotlight on a problem, in some people's eyes, and we will all get punished for it.  As technology evolves, it is inevitable that laws will need to be made to try and keep the playing field as level as possible.  States with Muzzleloader restrictions on sights and scopes is just another example of trying to level the playing field.  I think of rifle season as basically an open weapon season.  The muzzleloader and archery seasons need to have some kind of primitive nature to them.  Everyone draws that line in different spots.  We have seen it with archery when the Air bow got introduced.  I would also like to see it with ML's that are able to shoot smokeless and be accurate to 500 yards.  The modern compound bow has not really changed a whole heck of a lot in the past 20 years, ML'ers have.  I mean, Mathews had the black max out in like 2000 that shot 340 FPS IBO.  Bows today average maybe 350 IBO.  

I, for one, am really looking forward to the tears at the public input meeting.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 654321 said:

It will pass and AZGFD will legally be able to run cameras as part of their official duties.  They fly planes and helicopters during hunts for survey purposes, they use bait to trap turkeys for translocations, ect. ect.  

they used bait to trap and kill Macho B

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NoBull350 said:

You must not run many cameras . We have had a lot of them on our cams . A picture of a warden is like a picture of a cow elk not that exciting why would anybody keep them ? 

I run 200+ for the past 7 years and not one on mine

1 hour ago, CouesFanatic said:

SirRoyal this isn't a pissing match. Ive killed a lot of big animals and I'm sure you are a good hunter as well. I've seen some of your pics and I know we both know what we are doing when it comes to finding big animals. We can agree to disagree on who is the main culprit. I've met good guides and some real bad ones. It's just unfortunate it's coming to this where the average Joe can't run a camera or two anymore in a mediocre unit where it isn't affecting anyone. Thats the real issue I see here.

You Sir have been on this site for many years. And You know there is a huge byass against guides among alot of these keyboard hunters on here . 

That's why this forum has become the Craigslist of Hunting! Most guides do not frequent here anymore! 

As for Your skills I actually do believe you have excellent hunting skills but think your caught up in your own little world view of what you think guides are or are not! Maybe you need to hang around me for a hunt or 2 you might actually be shocked that there are good people 1st and good hunters 2nd and good guides 3rd that love to help people even experienced ones like yourself! 

• Like 1

What will happen in units like 9 for elk and strip for deer if cameras are banned right before season and during is camps that are 20+ deep now will be like 50+ deep and instead of cameras we will have a guy sitting every tank before and during season that doesn’t have a tag.  Probably be sitting tanks all night with night vision also. I think the worry for a lot of hunters/mostly guides is how will they scout without driving or having others drive all day and night checking cameras for them.

Now a lot of guided hunters will have to experience a real adventure and hunt rather then wait for the night or morning trail camera runner report of where a trophy animal watered with area surrounded by a dozen or more guys/kids waiting for the call that the animal has been spotted to be walked in.  

There is quite a few very good guides that have been vocal about need for ban of cameras also.    

15 minutes ago, AZLance said:

I run 200+ for the past 7 years and not one on mine

Sucks to be you ! Like I said who GAF if a warden is on a trail cam ? We used to get the 4b warden all the time on ours . He actually pulled our card saw old bc777 called and asked why he was using buck jam 😂
Honestly I could care less if they ban them . It won’t stop me from using them .

• Love 1

I’m glad to see something being done. I liked the season idea more, but not opposed to this. And yes, we run some cams. Anyone that tries to say there is no fair chase issue here is just not being honest. If cams weren’t providing an advantage, why are they used so extensively? 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mc68 said:

I’m glad to see something being done. I liked the season idea more, but not opposed to this. And yes, we run some cams. Anyone that tries to say there is no fair chase issue here is just not being honest. If cams weren’t providing an advantage, why are they used so extensively? 

If it's a Fair Chase issue than what is radio/electronic communication during a stalk? Spotlight scouting? F&G Comission is focusing on a squeaky wheel... Ed F

• Like 5

11 hours ago, 654321 said:

It will pass and AZGFD will legally be able to run cameras as part of their official duties.  They fly planes and helicopters during hunts for survey purposes, they use bait to trap turkeys for translocations, ect. ect.  

In reality, I know you're right. If a G&F Biologist has a tag in the unit they are using cameras for research, find a big bull, buck, etc. and then hunt them... wouldn't that be using trail cams to aid in the take of game? 

10 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

Do you run cameras @SirRoyal

Be careful what you say to "Sir Royal" he was knighted by the queen.  If you dont think that he knows all then just ask him.  Blow hard Sir Royal.  🤣 😷

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomC said:

Be careful what you say to "Sir Royal" he was knighted by the queen.  If you dont think that he knows all then just ask him.  Blow hard Sir Royal.  🤣 😷

MAAAA!!!!!! More Meatloaf!!!  😷 

• Like 1