Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

15 minutes ago, NoBull350 said:

We play by our own set of rules . A camera ban for you doesn’t apply to me . 

I'm sure Shawn Wagner would love to put another Owens notch in his belt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elkaholic said:

I really doubt this will stop cameras from being used. It will cut down cameras on tanks .

How much time,  Energy. Resources will be wasted by wardens going to all tanks , water holes accross this state. 

How are they going to catch anyone or even know who's camera it is.

Or will  the warden sit for hrs  even days  to give a citation 

He may have to put up his own camera to try to get a picture of offender .  

Not that I would ever mess with someone's property but I imagine if this ban goes into effect a lot of people will be taking the law into their own hands.  SSS is not just for wolves.

• Like 2

I actually could care less either way EXCEPT a couple out loud thoughts.  

1. I hate more regulations......if the deer #s are on the decline how about some sound management and limit the amount of tags not how someone hunts. ( that can be another discussion.)

2. I am very hit and miss personally with how many cameras i have up but I have only 1 time hunted over a spot i had a camera.  Funny thing is a buck i killed was not on the camera but I took a live picture when i glassed him up before the hunt started... I absolutely love to see pictures of wildlife....trail cams are pretty dang cool...just look at some of the pictures people have shared over the years.  I almost exclusively use cameras within a couple miles of my home to give me something to do during the summer before antlers are big. 

3. It will hurt the "weekend warrior" long before it hurts the guides and outfitters. They spend enough time they will still get it done.   

I kind of like the idea of less cameras and maybe wished they had some regulation not just a complete ban. My .02 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I've never used a camera in my life.  

I think your reading comprehension didn't process my statement correctly.

I don't want ANYTHING banned. Period end of story.

Animal numbers are on the down swing.

Agree. But do you really think cameras are to blame? Or the thousands and thousands of tags given out every year,  that never decrease, only increase?

Don't you think most people/guides/outfitters that use cameras use them to kill an older class of animal, who has passed on his genes?

I dont know too many people who use cameras and kill forks and spikes. 

We should ban droughts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That’s why I love hunting the Big Bo no cameras. Keeps it fair. Got to hunt/scout the old-fashion way. 

Someone had a trail camera on Elk tank on the Big Bo!

Nevada has a trail cam season. No cams 8/1-12/31.  Seem reasonable to me   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2020 at 6:34 AM, ctafoya said:

Thats what they did to me. Day before my hunt they pushed the bulls I was watching from 1 to 27. I called it in for harassment and they told me it was a survey. Complete BS. 

Exact same thing has happened to me.

At least we could use our cameras to protect our trucks and camp site while out hunting.  Unless an animal comes by camp or your vehicle. Then it would be off limits .  
If you don’t kill anything that your camera has taking pictures of, you didn’t break any laws right? 

6 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

Kurt Davis  the chairman of the commissioners is very staunch anti trail cam fan .

I admire him tho because he voted with the rest of the Commissioners in 2018 realizing there wasnt enough support for it at that time and tabled it in spite of his objections.

Maybe now he thinks he has enough support at this time to pull off a trailcam ban. I just hope Todd Geiler and the other commissioners aren't swayed by his thinking. 

One of the commissioners called all the Record books such as B&C and Pope &Young and Safari Club and Longhunter Society. Everyone of them said Trail Cameras are not a Fair Chair issue. 

Game and Fish is using that very issue (Fair Chase) to back their claims. Also Someone may have got smart and threw in the Anti Hunting organizations are coming after us on it so we might as well get proactive on it.  I believe this came  came from State Legislators that have powerful Ranching lobbyists  and other Lobbyist putting pressure on them! 

That is not true!  Nobody called P&Y or B&C and their response would be stated differently

2 hours ago, 654321 said:

I'm sure Shawn Wagner would love to put another Owens notch in his belt

Is that the same Shawn Wagner who was accussed of taking a Elk illegally??

• Like 2