Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

40 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

That is not true!  Nobody called P&Y or B&C and their response would be stated differently

So, are you saying the books do think trail cameras are a fair chase issue?  

17 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

So, are you saying the books do think trail cameras are a fair chase issue?  

No.  I’m saying nobody from the commission contacted P&Y or B&C regarding this current proposal.  

So what if a kid, or an adult, want to put cameras out to try and find bigfoot?  Bigfoot isn't in the regulations as a game animal!

Is it legal? Or can they stop anyone and everyone no matter the reason?

1 minute ago, northAZarcher said:

So what if a kid, or an adult, what to put cameras out to try and find bigfoot?  Bigfoot isn't in the regulations as a game animal!

Is it legal? Or can they stop anyone and everyone no matter the reason?

That would be my biggest question on a total ban. It says in the new rule they cant be used for hunting purposes or aiding in a hunt. So I have no idea how they would force it

I am on the side of using cameras if you guys cannot tell but what if there was a license add-on and a camera limit per licensed person? Like for example 100$ for a year permit for camera use and a limit of 20 cams? They could enforce that easily if you were required to leave a license number or copy on your camera. Similar to how you have to leave your license on a crawfish trap if you use it over night. Overtime wardens over the state can report each camera and if someone goes over that camera limit "red flag" and they have a way to contact them by seeing a license on the cam

15 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

I am on the side of using cameras if you guys cannot tell but what if there was a license add-on and a camera limit per licensed person? Like for example 100$ for a year permit for camera use and a limit of 20 cams? They could enforce that easily if you were required to leave a license number or copy on your camera. Similar to how you have to leave your license on a crawfish trap if you use it over night. Overtime wardens over the state can report each camera and if someone goes over that camera limit "red flag" and they have a way to contact them by seeing a license on the cam

It doesn't matter what kinda proposal you suggest  now !  !  They voted and will pass it into law ASAP.  Period! Its a done deal

Kinda funny how Geiler voted to ban trail cams in cite of “fair chase” but hunts with a large guide service. How is having a spotter on every knob “fair chase.” To me it’s about the principle more than anything. Ban trail cams and what’s next?  I don’t personally agree with spotters everywhere but I’d never vote against in because G&F or anyone else shouldn’t have a say in the matter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOHNTR said:

That is not true!  Nobody called P&Y or B&C and their response would be stated differently

Sir I was referring to 2018 at the 2nd commissioners meeting . Sorry if I did not clarify that. I watched  the meeting and one of the Commissioner's called them. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

Ever feel like you are getting steam rolled? Wtf is going on here.

Covid was the perfect storm they were waiting for!!!

3 hours ago, BOHNTR said:

I believe it was sparks or starks whatever his name is that called the clubs last go around.

• Like 3

On 12/4/2020 at 5:57 PM, idgaf said:

Two questions to anyone that watched the hearing. One did g&f give a reason and secondly did Russ cry again?

They said fair chase, hunter conflicts, ranchers complaining, and they are tired of hearing about it.

Russ was not present nor did he call in this time. Maybe next time when this rule is voted on to be put in place.