Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

17 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

I would have been the one they call. It never happened 

It did happen your not everybody sir! I never knew nothing about you as far as your credentials until now. 

Beside the point please in a big bold words shout out and state whether any Record book organization considers Trail cams  a Fair Chase Issue? 

Shelvin mentioned it but I will re- iterate it. The ranching lobby in this state is the one pushing for this ban. Ya'll got hoodwinked by your Commissioners. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

It did happen your not everybody sir! I never knew nothing about you as far as your credentials until now. 

Beside the point please in a big bold words shout out and state whether any Record book organization considers Trail cams  a Fair Chase Issue? 

Sir, with all due respect, they did NOT contact P&Y or B&C.  No one said "I'm everybody".....but YOU!  Wherever you received your information, either someone is embellishing the truth to you or perhaps you misunderstood?  Now, one of them could have browsed either Club's respective websites and located position statements on cellular trail cameras and used that information??? But your statement of 'they contacted P&Y' is misleading and untrue.  They did not.  Neither the one office staff member, the Director of Records, or I as the Records Chairman, have been contacted by anyone from the AZ G&F Commission on this issue. 

• Like 1

I don't know which meeting or whom specifically anyone is talking about here but in the June 2018 meeting, Sparks said he contacted many organizations about the trail cams and B&C and P&Y were among them.  Times below for each. 

1:46:20 B&C

1:46:46 P&Y

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

Sir, with all due respect, they did NOT contact P&Y or B&C.  No one said "I'm everybody".....but YOU!  Wherever you received your information, either someone is embellishing the truth to you or perhaps you misunderstood?  Now, one of them could have browsed either Club's respective websites and located position statements on cellular trail cameras and used that information??? But your statement of 'they contacted P&Y' is misleading and untrue.  They did not.  Neither the one office staff member, the Director of Records, or I as the Records Chairman, have been contacted by anyone from the AZ G&F Commission on this issue. 

I lie not! You keep avoiding the point! Do Any of the Records books consider Trail cam use a Fair Chase issue? 

And I understand that its not about Fair chase now with Azgfd or the commission . They have figured out how to avoid this topic. 

But for Recreational wildlife enthusiasts that are hunters like me that  are willing to compromise on the usage of Trail cams during hunting season its a devastating blow to our recreational summer activities.  I will fight! who will you join me?  

• Like 1

Just now, Ohthatguy said:

I don't know which meeting or whom specifically anyone is talking about here but in the June 2018 meeting, Sparks said he contacted many organizations about the trail cams and B&C and P&Y were among them.  Times below for each. 

1:46:20 B&C

1:46:46 P&Y

Thank you Sir! 

I heard Sparks say it too in the last fight during the Commission meeting when it got voted down unanimously. Anything recent I have no clue. Ya'll are either splitting hairs or Sparks is a liar.

2 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

I lie not! You keep avoiding the point! Do Any of the Records books consider Trail cam use a Fair Chase issue? 

And I understand that its not about Fair chase now with Azgfd or the commission . They have figured out how to avoid this topic. 

But for Recreational wildlife enthusiasts that are hunters like me that  are willing to compromise on the usage of Trail cams during hunting season its a devastating blow to our recreational summer activities.  I will fight! who will you join me?  

I never once thought you were being untruthful.  I do, though, believe the commission is if they stated they contacted either organization.  My counterpart at B&C and all of my folks have not been contacted.....recently or earlier.      

Traditional trail cameras, when used within any/all legal requirements, are absolutely allowed for entry into either Club’s records programs.  They have never been excluded.    

11 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

I never once thought you were being untruthful.  I do, though, believe the commission is if they stated they contacted either organization.  My counterpart at B&C and all of my folks have not been contacted.....recently or earlier.      

Traditional trail cameras, when used within any/all legal requirements, are absolutely allowed for entry into either Club’s records programs.  They have never been excluded.    

Thank you Sir! I am just very concerned that this is another freedom being taken away . If you notice they never do it all at once. Thats to obvious .  "ITS LITTLE BY LITTLE"

Just now, SirRoyal said:

I would fight a total ban but I support a camera season.  A camera season still allows people to use cameras for recreational purposes whether you are a hunter or a non-hunter.  No cameras from Aug 1st to Jan. 31st.  My 2nd choice would be to limit cameras a certain distance from man made water sources on public land.  Private property should be up to the land owner.

Just now, knothead said:

I would fight a total ban but I support a camera season.  A camera season still allows people to use cameras for recreational purposes whether you are a hunter or a non-hunter.  No cameras from Aug 1st to Jan. 31st.  My 2nd choice would be to limit cameras a certain distance from man made water sources on public land.  Private property should be up to the land owner.

I agree. But disagree on water source placement  based on this,  a trail cam has less effect on wildlife at a water source versuses  a person sitting that water to film wildlife. But will people be willing to put their money where the mouth is to fight this tyranny. Most will tell you privately they agree with your stance but thats as far as its goes! 

I would get behind a season before I commit to an all out ban.  I feel like something has to be done.  I like the idea of a 6 month season Aug 1st- Jan. 1st.  First time offenders should be automatically barred from any camera use for 5 years as well as complete investigation costs recovered.  Possession during the closed season should be treated like lead shot while waterfowl hunting.  Any possession while in the field shall constitute use.  

You can still use trail cameras just not for the taking of wildlife!

no more hit list!

13 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

Thank you Sir! I am just very concerned that this is another freedom being taken away . If you notice they never do it all at once. Thats to obvious .  "ITS LITTLE BY LITTLE"

I provide this directly from the June, 2018 meeting minutes only as information and not to vouch for Sparks' credibility as to what he meant by "called the following major hunting organization...." or if he really did so. 

28. Article 3. Taking and Handling Wildlife: Options for Addressing the Use of Trail Cameras.
Presenter: Jay Cook, FOR6 Regional Supervisor
Mr. Cook presented using a slide presentation to the Commission who asked to be provide options for regulating the use of trail cameras and proposed amendments to rules within Article 3. These options are being presented in response to Commission direction provided at the May meeting to explore new alternatives regarding the use of trail cameras as they relate to fair chase. The complete Article 3 package was presented to the May 4th Commission meeting.
Public Comment
The following members of the public addressed the Commission in opposition to proposed restrictions to trail cameras:
 Gino Wullkotte
 Tory Brolk
 Andy St. John
 Joe Sheehey
 Dorothy Dolan
 Brian Han
 Brian Dolan
 Shane Rhoten
 Russ Jacoby
 Laura Jacoby
 Tom Wagner
 Gil Chambers
 Robert Hoffman
 Gary Drake
 Brian Fisher
 Will Randolph
Public Comment
The following members of the public addressed the Commission in support of Department recommendation on trail cameras:
 Bruce Johnson
 Representative Regina Cobb (Not present but submitted an email to the Commission)
Motion: Davis moved, Brake second THAT THE COMMISSION VOTE TO APPROVE THE NOTICE OF FINAL RULEMAKING AND ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT
Commission Meeting Minutes - 35 - June 8, 2018
AMENDING RULES WITHIN ARTICLE 3, ADDRESSING TAKING AND HANDLING OF WILDLIFE.
Sparks commented that he was not present to the last vote that was taken 2 to 2. He did some research and called the following major hunting organization to view their position on this issue:
 Safari Club International, Tucson - The organization does not see trail cameras either in live action or the chip cameras have any impact on fair chase, they support cameras.
 Wild Turkey Federation, South Carolina – The organization does not think cameras have an impact on fair chase and most of their members have both cameras who use them in the woods in South Carolina and Georgia.
 Elk Foundation, Montana – The organization believes that the live action camera is the only one that would have an impact; the chip camera is not a fair chase issue.
 Boone and Crockett – The organization believes the only possible influence on fair chase is the live action cameras, they do not oppose to the chip camera which most of their members use them.
 Pope and Young – The organization believes using a game camera does not give unfair advantage.
Commissioner Sparks final comment that he has some friends who have disabled children who use trail camera on water and he will vote no on this item.
Commissioner Brake commented to the abundance of emails that he had received and responded to. He will be voting yes to the recommendation which addresses his concerns to non-hunters.
Commissioner Davis commented that he doesn’t see a benefit going forward with the current motion so he will withdraw his motion.
Commissioner Brake withdrew his second.
Amended Motion: Ammons moved, Davis second THAT THE COMMISSION VOTE TO APPROVE THE NOTICE OF FINAL RULEMAKING AND ECONOMIC IMPACT STATEMENT AMENDING RULES WITHIN ARTICLE 3, ADDRESSING TAKING AND HANDLING OF WILDLIFE AS PRESENTED WITH THE EXCEPTION OF NO RESTRICTIONS ON PASSIVE TRAIL CAMERAS.
Vote: Unanimous

• Like 2