Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

48 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

To answer your question animals can and are startled by Trail cameras. I watch it all the time on video trail cam.  Then they usually settle down quickly and drink or feed with out fear.  But when they hear a vehicle busting down the road toward a water source their on or a guy hiding in the bushes in a blind watching the water hole and they SMELL him its a whole different story.  And now this will happen all year long. More spot lighting , more posse hunting,  Animals will become more nocturnal as a result .   The animals in the units I hunt are migratory  so they disappear as hunting season draws close anyway. Trail cams are more about enjoying a Vision of Nature in its natural habitat without the interruption of man to dictate their actions. 

So a animal has to water no matter what, an animal will choose to water or salt if there is a hunter at the location? Or will water at nite with a surveillance device lagged to a tree because it has to?

24/7 surveillance,  fair chase? We all see the selling of game after trophy is found? Ethical?

Lots of people don't enjoy seeing cameras on national forest 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coues32 said:

So a animal has to water no matter what, an animal will choose to water or salt if there is a hunter at the location? Or will water at nite with a surveillance device lagged to a tree because it has to?

24/7 surveillance,  fair chase? We all see the selling of game after trophy is found? Ethical?

Lots of people don't enjoy seeing cameras on national forest 

We have prove that Trail cameras are the least intrusive form of Surveillance on wildlife. 

There will be many many more paid Guides sitting for up to 45 days on animals . 

As far as selling wildlife after it is found thats another whole issue. 

Lots of people dont enjoy seeing more people in the woods either. 

Guys won't sit 45 days unless they have the auction or raffle tag hunter.  Guides are notoriously broke and can't afford to sit 45 days with no compensation.  

Let's say a few defy that logic, its still far less than the 200 cameras they have spread out over 100's of miles.  They are gonna have to commit to certain areas instead if covering 100's of miles and then committing to an  area.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

We have prove that Trail cameras are the least intrusive form of Surveillance on wildlife. 

There will be many many more paid Guides sitting for up to 45 days on animals . 

As far as selling wildlife after it is found thats another whole issue. 

Lots of people dont enjoy seeing more people in the woods either. 

I guess u find it ethical to to find animals with a device that pretty much undectical by a animals. 

Selling animals has put pile of people in the woods, most of the helpers don't have a guide license but thats probably fine with u also.

20 years ago we didn't have them littered on public land and good hunters still harvested animals

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, 654321 said:

There will be no ban on trail cameras if all your using it for is to watch your gold claim.  If you however decide to TAKE or use your camera in aiding of the take of wildlife there will be a problem.

1213600847_giphy(5).gif.00db51282a11fcfe4f411e179937a899.gif

I have a few cameras that I use to monitor for people activity on my property. Have used them a few times to look at wildlife in hunting areas since it is cool to get pictures of random critters. 

I have seen them used for good and bad in the field. The biggest pro imho is it keeps scum from sitting water sources at night. Maybe guys don't recall the days on the strip when people stayed at water sources for days. Then backed off and then they shot the bucks coming in after they were depleted. There will also be a huge increase in spot lightning. It is bad enough already along Allen Springs Road in 19A. That is the view in my front yard and I get called in or return from work late at night. Every night someone is running spotlights anymore. 

What bothers me most is the commission didn't care to get the public opinion or scientific opinion on this matter. They will continue with the same behavior now on many more issues. 

For the guys that say oh you should voice your opinion at meetings...what a joke if you actually work for a living. They don't let us know the agenda items a year out. No way will I use all my pto to go to every meeting that the government thinks up. IMHO the current commission makes up its mind before meetings and are using this method to paint a false picture of public opinion.

• Like 2

It’s kind of funny in a way.  Definitely a first world problem.  Our hunting is not at stake, just getting pictures and it’s driving some crazy.  Don’t get me wrong, I have my share of cameras and about 14 are out there now and I can’t wait to see what’s on them.  What I don’t like is every tank covered and people telling themselves they don’t use them to target big animals.  Just be honest about it.  That’s what I use them for. I don’t have a permit, but when I do, I think I will have narrowed down a few places.

• Like 1

Welcome to living in a blue state now. If you enjoy hunting bear and lion get one while you can. That will be next. California 2.0

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Maybe this will create a trail cam hunting season.  No permit required.  Remove them and take them to a game and fish office for a award.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Welcome to living in a blue Country now. If you enjoy hunting bear and lion get one while you can. That will be next. California 2.0

Fixed it for you.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Welcome to living in a blue state now. If you enjoy hunting bear and lion get one while you can. That will be next. California 2.0

This is correct

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 6AYoteHunter said:

I have seen them used for good and bad in the field. The biggest pro imho is it keeps scum from sitting water sources at night. Maybe guys don't recall the days on the strip when people stayed at water sources for days. Then backed off and then they shot the bucks coming in after they were depleted.

What bothers me most is the commission didn't care to get the public opinion or scientific opinion on this matter. They will continue with the same behavior now on many more issues. 

Ive hunted the strip since 82 during the archery season every year until the OTC was done. and then always was up on rifles season chasing varmits and 4 wheeling . spent a a huge amount of time up there. only thing I remember was the guides using ultra lights and some other aircraft back then, I dont remember running into anyone sitting at tanks all night. do remember a few guys running the roads and tanks with spotlights at night surveying the area before the hunts. but that spotlighting was done everywhere back then. some frowned on it some didnt. That being said me and a buddy sat at 2 tanks for a couple of days straight to see if the same deer came to one specific tank. which the did not theres a ton of tanks/seeps deer use and a desert muley can go up to 7 days with out hitting  water( thats what we were told at a seminar in the late 80's cant remember the name of the guy holding it.

Explain the "scientific opinion" aspect I confused how science can be used.

bottom line there are xx amount of tags sold for each unit. so thats the number of deer that G&F  feel that can be killed, granted they are using xx amount of a success rate. but with cameras and tons of Cameras they may have to drop the amount of tags due to success rates. They dropped the OTC archery season because they said too many deer were getting killed. I never saw a decline in bucks in the last 2-3 years but did see a huge increase in traffic the 1st week and a huge increase in wounded bucks. almost 50% of the hunters that I ran into said they or there buddy stuck one but couldn't find it some didnt even bother looking for it because the amount of targets were plenty.  Kinda like elk hunting in unit 8 or 9

• Like 1