Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

7 minutes ago, Delw said:

Actually i didnt, never even heard of water campers till now, well and "nobull" story about a recent buck.

Oh good point on the scientific part of that, That never occurred to me.

as far as poachers. I dont think poachers make a huge difference in the reduction or even close to lions, the problem is stupid kids and people out shooting everything, those people arent poachers per say there just killers.

on the rest you forgot the most important part the Internet that screws up hunting.

I agree with this. How many spikes are killed a year? Tons. 

Yep lots of spikes do get nailed each year. I have seen a spike bull once that was extremely old. Guess if they live long enough they get low T and don't grow much. Wouldn't mine passing a bull that old though lol. 

Probably would be more helpful if we had more water sources. Seems like we have enough feed. Just lack the water in many areas.

Maybe this would be a better opportunity for G&F. Rather than ban cameras. Start a camera tag and registration program. All 3 of my cameras have serial numbers. Assume all do??? Then take 100% of that revenue for water sources. Normally don't like a "new tax" but this would be better for the wildlife long term. 

1 minute ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Point restriction on antlers, ban cameras, no creedmoors , and catfishkev quits commenting on stuff and we can all end this thread. 

I'll never stop.

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2020 at 2:41 PM, elkaholic said:

I really doubt this will stop cameras from being used. It will cut down cameras on tanks .

How much time,  Energy. Resources will be wasted by wardens going to all tanks , water holes accross this state. 

How are they going to catch anyone or even know who's camera it is.

Or will  the warden sit for hrs  even days  to give a citation 

He may have to put up his own camera to try to get a picture of offender .  

I'm not joking here.... I bet the fish cops will attempt to use DNA to prosecute a game camera violation.  You leave your DNA all over the camera.

• Haha 1

Just now, azbirdhunter88 said:

I know because you know too much 

When you're good you're good.  Let's keep this thread goin baby!

Stillatmaxpoints post this on another thread!

The Boquillas is a good model, nothing wrong with hunting the way we did 30 or 40 years ago

I have seen it first hand, the quality of the hunt and animals has improved because cameras are not allowed.  

I bet some people don’t put in for 10 because they don’t know how to hunt without cameras!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

So a Lion comes by his Mining site!  And he shoots a lion 3 months later around there  He is illegal? What a farce !!  Im sorry if you have a Arizona hunting license your suspect .

They are gonna make criminals out of law abiding citizens.

Wake up people!!!!!

I would say get a good lawyer, if he harvests that lion 3 months later did that camera really aid in the taking of that lion.

I don't like point restrictions, I get beat up for shooting a spike then if I pass on one I get beat up for not shooting anything ??? Tuff crowd

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it's safe to say that without the game cameras, more big bucks and bulls are gonna slip through the cracks every year.  Will it make for better hunting and bigger overall animals in 10 years?

• Like 7