Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

58 minutes ago, bowsniper said:

I'm not joking here.... I bet the fish cops will attempt to use DNA to prosecute a game camera violation.  You leave your DNA all over the camera.

Not me , camera man doesn't like that ;)

On 12/4/2020 at 2:34 PM, UggRedBilly said:

So how does a public comment work? Is it just to gather more opinions then they may reverse the choice or do you think they'll just go through anyways and not care

I'll tell you how "public comment" worked a few years ago when they voted to ban baiting, I was there at the meeting.   They let all the speakers who were not talking about the bait ban talk for as long as they wanted. Sandra Bahr of the Sierra Club got 23 minutes to speak. For the baiting issue comments,  they made all of us wait until the end of the meeting to speak.  Then one commissioner stated these rules specifically for us:

1) three minute limit. If you exceeded that time limit, the big fish cop in the back with a gun on his hip would remove you.

2) Don't bother to repeat or reiterate any reason or point that has already been stated.

3) The "public comment" period ends in 30 minutes. (basically after lunch)

When we began to speak, the commissioners began to eat their bag lunches.  While we were speaking, one commissioner left and did not return (until after "lunch"). A few commissioners kept busy texting.  Two commissioners engaged in a private conversation ignoring the "public input".  We took our turns speaking while none of them listened to a word we had to say.  They had made their decisions far in advance.

THE ISSUE WAS NOT BAITING, THE ISSUE WAS THE COMPLETE CONTEMPT THE COMMISSION HAS FOR PUBLIC COMMENTS AND INPUT.

I have never seen such a lack of respect or contempt for the average person.  As a result, I have no respect and COMPLETE contempt for AZGF.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WhtMtnHunter said:

I think it's safe to say that without the game cameras, more big bucks and bulls are gonna slip through the cracks every year.  Will it make for better hunting and bigger overall animals in 10 years?

Duh 

1 minute ago, 6AYoteHunter said:

The benefit of trail cameras 

Screenshot_20201206-172238_Facebook.jpg

Actually, the use of the camera would still be legal even after the ban.  It seems to me the intent was to provide security for his camp.  No violation 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, bowsniper said:

I'll tell you how "public comment" worked a few years ago when they voted to ban baiting, I was there at the meeting.   They let all the speakers who were not talking about the bait ban talk for as long as they wanted. Sandra Bahr of the Sierra Club got 23 minutes to speak. For the baiting issue comments,  they made all of us wait until the end of the meeting to speak.  Then one commissioner stated these rules specifically for us:

1) three minute limit. If you exceeded that time limit, the big fish cop in the back with a gun on his hip would remove you.

2) Don't bother to repeat or reiterate any reason or point that has already been stated.

3) The "public comment" period ends in 30 minutes. (basically after lunch)

When we began to speak, the commissioners began to eat their bag lunches.  While we were speaking, one commissioner left and did not return (until after "lunch"). A few commissioners kept busy texting.  Two commissioners engaged in a private conversation ignoring the "public input".  We took our turns speaking while none of them listened to a word we had to say.  They had made their decisions far in advance.

THE ISSUE WAS NOT BAITING, THE ISSUE WAS THE COMPLETE CONTEMPT THE COMMISSION HAS FOR PUBLIC COMMENTS AND INPUT.

I have never seen such a lack of respect or contempt for the average person.  As a result, I have no respect and COMPLETE contempt for AZGF.   

🔥 🔥 same. They won’t even pretend that we have input. Lmao

1 hour ago, bowsniper said:

I'm not joking here.... I bet the fish cops will attempt to use DNA to prosecute a game camera violation.  You leave your DNA all over the camera.

#gloveup

• Like 1

I would love to see a swing of applicants drop one year. They have been sitting on a cash cow.Unfortunately a boycott seems unlikely due to the current bonus point system. They have us committed to not lose our coveted bonus point so every year we throw money at them.

we could collectively table the idea that you could skip a draw cycle and not lose a a cutesy little bogus pointy. Then a boycott would be highly effective at least at a minimum to honor our input. 

2 hours ago, Delw said:

Actually i didnt, never even heard of water campers till now, well and "nobull" story about a recent buck.

Oh good point on the scientific part of that, That never occurred to me.

as far as poachers. I dont think poachers make a huge difference in the reduction or even close to lions, the problem is stupid kids and people out shooting everything, those people arent poachers per say there just killers.

on the rest you forgot the most important part the Internet that screws up hunting.

Sorry it’s call vantage point camping . The tank was 3/4 away from vantage point . 

Making Hunting Great again!  
No more trail Camera bullchit 

Hope Utah is next!  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, az300wby said:

Making Hunting Great again!  
No more trail Camera bullchit 

Hope Utah is next!  

MAHGA — Make Arizona Hunting Great Again. Love it! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AZBIG10 said:

I would love to see a swing of applicants drop one year. They have been sitting on a cash cow.Unfortunately a boycott seems unlikely due to the current bonus point system. They have us committed to not lose our coveted bonus point so every year we throw money at them.

we could collectively table the idea that you could skip a draw cycle and not lose a a cutesy little bogus pointy. Then a boycott would be highly effective at least at a minimum to honor our input. 

There are record applicants every  year putting in for hunts, if every resident chose to sit out of the draw the NR who doesn't give 2 craps about trail cams in AZ will surely take those tags.  The AZGFD sells 300,000 plus hunting licenses every year and I would venture to guess that 295,000 plus don't give two craps if trail cams are banned for the take of wildlife. 

7 hours ago, Mogollonhunt555 said:

Lots of talk about not using cameras for the “taking” of wildlife. Anyone have the azgfd’s definition of “taking”?

I reckon you can’t apply for a tag in a unit you’re running a camera in. Seems like the easiest way to self-report.

2 hours ago, BOHNTR said:

Actually, the use of the camera would still be legal even after the ban.  It seems to me the intent was to provide security for his camp.  No violation 

Unless he leaves this camera up and  a post trailcam ban  pic shows up with an animal that he later harvests even 1 year later or  5 years later or 10 years . Or he helps a buddy or a kid harvest that animal on purpose or not ! He can be ticketed for a violation.  There is no time stamp! Come guys your not thinking it through!