Redman

Game Cameras- G&F Agenda

Sorry, banning something on public land is a loss of freedom. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, ctafoya said:

Sorry, banning something on public land is a loss of freedom. 

Again huge misconception.  They aren't being banned on public ground, just banned for the take of wildlife, no loss of freedom.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

Come on man!  Some of these scenarios are 1 and a million.  Grasping for straws, if you will.  Like everything else in life, the big players/offenders are their intended targets.  

Anyone else remember all the ridiculous scenarios when baiting was gonna get banned?  I havnt heard of anyone charged with baiting that wasn't intending to bait..  

Ya and President  Trump is lying to us that democrats stole the election. My how stupid is that! Continue to ignore freedoms they are trying to take from you !!!

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, jdown said:

This is the first action I have seen in a long time that actually preserves and protects wildlife.   In the last 20 years the advancement in technology for hunters and recreators have all been to the peril of our wildlife.  Quads, rangers and razors have opened roads and put more people in more spots.  Google earth and the like have uncovered hidden canyons, springs, etc to more people, advancement in long range wounding\shooting, hunting clothing and gear even.  Muzzleloaders shooting 500 plus, people that have never shot a bow hunting archery season with xbows and now fn airbows, pistols with braces during the handgun hunts.  4-7 seasons per unit. 

Geez let animals win one back and take some pressure off the habitat and no more 24\7 365 scouting from your couch. 

Nice job G&F.  Hope we Make the primitive weapon hunts the next target to tighten back up now. 

Might as well ban flat brim hats too while we’re at it. 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, SirRoyal said:

Unless he leaves this camera up and  a post trailcam ban  pic shows up with an animal that he later harvests even 1 year later or  5 years later or 10 years . Or he helps a buddy or a kid harvest that animal on purpose or not ! He can be ticketed for a violation.  There is no time stamp! Come guys your not thinking it through! 

You’re so full of crap, it’s almost comical.  😁

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

Ban guides. 

With exemptions going to children, wounded warriors, and elderly over 75, they can use them if they want, problem solved. 

2 hours ago, 654321 said:

There are record applicants every  year putting in for hunts, if every resident chose to sit out of the draw the NR who doesn't give 2 craps about trail cams in AZ will surely take those tags.  The AZGFD sells 300,000 plus hunting licenses every year and I would venture to guess that 295,000 plus don't give two craps if trail cams are banned for the take of wildlife. 

My point exactly. A large chunk of money. This isn't about trail cams. It is about a handful of people underminding the 300k license holders and their ability to have a say In what the future of hunting will look like.

Ps Nr have a cap. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

My point exactly. A large chunk of money. This isn't about trail cams. It is about a dictatorship that historically has underminded the 300k license holders and their input.

Ps Nr have a cap. 

PS NR don't have a cap once it goes to a leftover tag and that's what would happen if residents sat out of draw. Like I said how do you know the majority of license holders aren't for the ban of trail cams.  When the department opens things up for public comment and they only here from maybe 500-1000 people they must figure the 299,000 license holders are happy with what's going on.  It doesn't have to just be license holders either. Anyone can reply to the open public input.

4 minutes ago, 654321 said:

PS NR don't have a cap once it goes to a leftover tag and that's what would happen if residents sat out of draw. Like I said how do you know the majority of license holders aren't for the ban of trail cams.  When the department opens things up for public comment and they only here from maybe 500-1000 people they must figure the 299,000 license holders are happy with what's going on.  It doesn't have to just be license holders either. Anyone can reply to the open public input.

Arguing a moot point with a stranger lol. 

4 hours ago, bowsniper said:

I'll tell you how "public comment" worked a few years ago when they voted to ban baiting, I was there at the meeting.   They let all the speakers who were not talking about the bait ban talk for as long as they wanted. Sandra Bahr of the Sierra Club got 23 minutes to speak. For the baiting issue comments,  they made all of us wait until the end of the meeting to speak.  Then one commissioner stated these rules specifically for us:

1) three minute limit. If you exceeded that time limit, the big fish cop in the back with a gun on his hip would remove you.

2) Don't bother to repeat or reiterate any reason or point that has already been stated.

3) The "public comment" period ends in 30 minutes. (basically after lunch)

When we began to speak, the commissioners began to eat their bag lunches.  While we were speaking, one commissioner left and did not return (until after "lunch"). A few commissioners kept busy texting.  Two commissioners engaged in a private conversation ignoring the "public input".  We took our turns speaking while none of them listened to a word we had to say.  They had made their decisions far in advance.

THE ISSUE WAS NOT BAITING, THE ISSUE WAS THE COMPLETE CONTEMPT THE COMMISSION HAS FOR PUBLIC COMMENTS AND INPUT.

I have never seen such a lack of respect or contempt for the average person.  As a result, I have no respect and COMPLETE contempt for AZGF.   

I  remember this from discussions about it. That was 100% bullshit what they did. If I recall they did kinda the same on the banning of yote contest but not to the extent of what they did on the Baiting issue.