Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

AZ Lifetime License questions

Hi all! So while I was hunting deer one of the other hunters other at camp suggested I buy a lifetime license through AZ. How can I obtain one? Also if I were to purchase one and move to another state in the future would I still be able to have that lifetime license to put in yearly? If so would it be still considered resident or nonresident? Thank you!

If i remeber correctly the cost is kind of pro rated based on age.  If you leave az you still have to pay out of state cost for the tag but the huge benefit is if you move out of AZ you are not limeted to the 10% cap that other out of staters have.  So even though you pay full cost for the tag you have the much better odds of drawing tags then the out of state guys do. 

5 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

If i remeber correctly the cost is kind of pro rated based on age.  If you leave az you still have to pay out of state cost for the tag but the huge benefit is if you move out of AZ you are not limeted to the 10% cap that other out of staters have.  So even though you pay full cost for the tag you have the much better odds of drawing tags then the out of state guys do. 

That is perfect! Hunting here is priceless!

I have one and the convince for me is huge. Also the fishing and small game hunting is for life. Big Game tags at a non-resident rate if you leave the state isn't so bad, you're a resident of another state after all. I recommend buying one if able.

I will be buying one before 2021 season.

4 minutes ago, n2horns said:

I will be buying one before 2021 season.

I've had a Pioneer one for nine years now. It covers everything that the combo hunt & fish does. Unfortunately, I can no longer do anything. 🤣

• Like 1

According to this if you move from AZ, all you would have to purchase is a non resident tag. The license would still be valid. I bought one this year. If I would have waited until I was 70, I could have gotten a Pioneer license, and I would have paid a yearly fee equaling what I paid for the lifetime license. The only way that I'll come out ahead is if the license fees increase over the next 8 years, which I was pretty sure they would.

Screenshot_20201127-175247.png

16 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

If you have lifetime license and you move out of state, you still have to apply as a non resident right 

You pay out of state tag costs but you are not put into the 10% cap.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Here ya go: Lifetime License Application form

And these are your prices:
prices.jpg.f1ffc7673f3a76ac5d08c9d020be3bd6.jpg

That must be old because they cost a little more and now and are different for fishing. I bought one years ago (hunt only) but now have the veterans one. I did buy my wife and daughter one. It does make it easier when putting in for hunts every year.

2 hours ago, 10Turkeys said:

According to this if you move from AZ, all you would have to purchase is a non resident tag. The license would still be valid. I bought one this year. If I would have waited until I was 70, I could have gotten a Pioneer license, and I would have paid a yearly fee equaling what I paid for the lifetime license. The only way that I'll come out ahead is if the license fees increase over the next 8 years, which I was pretty sure they would.

Screenshot_20201127-175247.png

That is the latest one I believe.