Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

AZ Lifetime License questions

2 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

If you have lifetime license and you move out of state, you still have to apply as a non resident right 

Yes.  You click the NR box but the way the lady explained it to me was the draw sorts you into the resident draw pool based on your hunting license number which starts with “LH”.  I drew an elk tag once that statistically shoulda been impossible to draw as a NR with it so it must work. 

3 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Yes.  You click the NR box but the way the lady explained it to me was the draw sorts you into the resident draw pool based on your hunting license number which starts with “LH”.  I drew an elk tag once that statistically shoulda been impossible to draw as a NR with it so it must work. 

Interesting 

10 hours ago, Lucafu1 said:

That must be old because they cost a little more and now and are different for fishing. I bought one years ago (hunt only) but now have the veterans one. I did buy my wife and daughter one. It does make it easier when putting in for hunts every year.

You are correct.  👍

I just looked again, and the one I posted came frm some Arizona Memory Project site. I'll will correct my reply.

Edit: Now updated. Thanks for pointing it out. 

A wise investment in my opinion.

15 hours ago, Lucafu1 said:

That must be old because they cost a little more and now and are different for fishing. I bought one years ago (hunt only) but now have the veterans one. I did buy my wife and daughter one. It does make it easier when putting in for hunts every year.

What is the veterans one?  I have the lifetime hunt only. Is there a benefit to getting the veterans license?

7 minutes ago, Tropicalmulch said:

What is the veterans one?  I have the lifetime hunt only. Is there a benefit to getting the veterans license?

Disabled Veteran License Information

• Applicable Arizona Statutes – A.R.S. 17-333(C)(3)
  • Applicable Arizona Rules – R12-4-202
  • AZGFD Laws and Rules

Update: Effective December 5, 2015, the Arizona Game and Fish Department is pleased to announce two exciting changes with the application process for the Disabled Veteran’s Hunt and Fish Combo. The first change no longer requires customers to have a signature notarized on the application form. The second change allows customers to download their VA Benefits Forms directly from the DoD-VA Website. All Arizona Game and Fish Regional Offices have computer access for those that would like to download their benefits forms.

An eligible applicant is a disabled veteran who has been a resident of Arizona for at least one year immediately preceding the application. A disabled Veteran’s License is issued to a disabled veteran who is receiving compensation from the United States government for permanent and total service connected disabilities rated at 100% disabling. A VA rating of 100% Individual Un-employability is not authorized to receive this license. Eligibility for the disabled veteran’s license is based on the disability rating, not on the compensation received by the veteran. The Disabled Veteran’s License grants all the privileges of a Hunt/Fish Combination License.

How to obtain a Disabled Veteran’s License

Visit your local Arizona Game and Fish Department office. Bring a copy of your VA benefits letter, or you may complete the application form below and include a copy of your VA benefits letter that states 100% disabled, permanent and total, and mail them to: Arizona Game and Fish Department, Attn: Front counter, 5000 W. Carefree Highway, Phoenix, AZ 85086. *Note: A paper license will be issued free of charge. A plastic card license may be purchased for $4. Include a check or money order if you are applying by mail.

Checklist

• Process: Complete application form
  • Application: Veteran’s application form
  • Fee: None
  • License Expiration: License is valid for a lifetime from date of issuance.
  • Additional Information: If the Department of Veterans Affairs certifies that the applicant’s disability rate of 100% is permanent and will not be reevaluated, a new certification is not required for renewal. If reevaluated in three years, the disabled veteran’s license will expire three years from the date of issuance.
  • License Application may be processed and the license issued from the Phoenix Office or any Regional Office.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, yotebuster said:

I drew a Bighorn Sheep tag last year that only residents can get due to only 1 tag available and it worked perfect! It will also come in handy when I retire and move back to AZ!

• Like 1