G_E_E

2nd year!!!

Last year we endured 2ft of snow opening morning, so the first couple days were getting stuck and pulling others out.  Not the best as far as getting to where we wanted to go because of so much snow.  It was a pain in the butt!!!  We followed a few tracks with no results, just tired legs(knee deep snow).  Saturday afternoon my friend spotted elk 8 miles away, we tried getting there but snow stopped us.  So we made a game plan for the next morning to go in a different way to hopefully get to the hills they were on.  Sunday morning we hike to where we wanted to go.  WIMG_20191201_164722.thumb.jpg.e35109f2377dacd661f6bf8565309a49.jpge located a bachelor herd  way up on a hill, out of shooting range.  While looking around, I found a lone bull further down the hill closer to us that would ultimately give me a shot opportunity.  2 shots later I tagged my first bull elk.  

This year with the help of my lovely wifes few bonus points, both her and I drew tags again in the same unit.  She shot her first big game animal, a good ol tasty spike.  Later that afternoon I was lucky enough to tag my second bull in this not so sought after tag in 7E.

IMG_20191201_172258.jpg

PXL_20201129_175653278.jpg

PXL_20201130_031723211.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20201130_005039590.NIGHT.jpg

• Like 14

The last 3 pics are from this year.  Hope all the others were able to fill the freezers with grade A meat.

What a great hunt congrats been there done that you did fn fantastic.  :)

7 hours ago, G_E_E said:

Last year we endured 2ft of snow opening morning, so the first couple days were getting stuck and pulling others out.  Not the best as far as getting to where we wanted to go because of so much snow.  It was a pain in the butt!!!  We followed a few tracks with no results, just tired legs(knee deep snow).  Saturday afternoon my friend spotted elk 8 miles away, we tried getting there but snow stopped us.  So we made a game plan for the next morning to go in a different way to hopefully get to the hills they were on.  Sunday morning we hike to where we wanted to go.  WIMG_20191201_164722.thumb.jpg.e35109f2377dacd661f6bf8565309a49.jpge located a bachelor herd  way up on a hill, out of shooting range.  While looking around, I found a lone bull further down the hill closer to us that would ultimately give me a shot opportunity.  2 shots later I tagged my first bull elk.  

This year with the help of my lovely wifes few bonus points, both her and I drew tags again in the same unit.  She shot her first big game animal, a good ol tasty spike.  Later that afternoon I was lucky enough to tag my second bull in this not so sought after tag in 7E.

IMG_20191201_172258.jpg

PXL_20201129_175653278.jpg

PXL_20201130_031723211.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20201130_005039590.NIGHT.jpg

Nice job man! I love going into tough units and proving the statistics wrong👊

2 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Nice work. Not an easy place to go 2 for 2 or back to back.

Thank you, we actually went 3 for 3, another buddy of mine was there and tagged out the day before.  Definitely a trip to remember.

Good job in A tough unit. My daughter had this tag and missed a bull over 300inches opening morning and I glassed my eyeballs off and never saw another elk. Unfortunately we missed our opportunity and she had to come back for work or we would still be up there.

Congrats to both you and your wife that will fill up the freezer

13 hours ago, Beaton said:

Good job in A tough unit. My daughter had this tag and missed a bull over 300inches opening morning and I glassed my eyeballs off and never saw another elk. Unfortunately we missed our opportunity and she had to come back for work or we would still be up there.

Awe man, a 300+ inch bull would have been amazing.  Sucks that happened, but part of the gig.  Still nice being in the woods with loved ones.

That snow storm was no joke last year. Crazy to see the difference in the two years. Well done on getting on them back to back years.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AZ513 said:

That snow storm was no joke last year. Crazy to see the difference in the two years. Well done on getting on them back to back years.

Yes the late hunts this year we’re incredibly different. Tons of snow last year and hardly any moisture to be found up there this year