Sign in to follow this  
mikejr112

EURO MOUNT

Good afternoon Coues Whitetail,

We shot our first Elk today and just finished quartering and deboning. Not a trophy by any means, but a very respectful spike. 

I am looking for someone to do a basic Euro for us. I was told that there was a young man on here that did good Euro mounts. Not sure on his name or contact info. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. (602) 999-3180.

• Like 1

Contact rossislider here. (Send him a private message.)     His son, Draysen does them.  He's done two for me, and they both came-out amazing!  

S.

• Like 1

My daughter is doing them now and is also licensed through azgfd. Draysen does do good work as well.

4 hours ago, mikejr112 said:

We shot our first Elk today and just finished quartering and deboning. Not a trophy by any means, but a very respectful spike. 

I am looking for someone to do a basic Euro for us. I was told that there was a young man on here that did good Euro mounts. Not sure on his name or contact info. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. (602) 999-3180.

• Like 2

here are just a couple of skulls that olmos1010 daughter has done for me. this young lady is very precise in the detail she puts into her work. skulls come out spotless & have no rotten smell to them. i was a little worried about the elk i took her because it was starting to smell but when i got it back it was better than i expected!! very pleased with all the work she has done for me! i highly recommend her work! give her a try & you wont be disappointed!! Russ

https://www.instagram.com/arizonaeliteskulls/

Resized_20201201_191356.jpeg

FullSizeR(1).jpg

Resized_20201201_191419.jpeg

Resized_20201201_191445.jpeg

Resized_20201201_191711.jpeg

Resized_20201201_191817.jpeg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bowhnt said:

here are just a couple of skulls that olmos1010 daughter has done for me. this young lady is very precise in the detail she puts into her work. skulls come out spotless & have no rotten smell to them. i was a little worried about the elk i took her because it was starting to smell but when i got it back it was better than i expected!! very pleased with all the work she has done for me! i highly recommend her work! give her a try & you wont be disappointed!! Russ

https://www.instagram.com/arizonaeliteskulls/

Resized_20201201_191356.jpeg

FullSizeR(1).jpg

Resized_20201201_191419.jpeg

Resized_20201201_191445.jpeg

Resized_20201201_191711.jpeg

Resized_20201201_191817.jpeg

Looks good 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mikejr112 said:

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Here is our spike, meant to post a pic earlier but couldn’t get it to upload. Glassed him and another bull out about 1 mile away. After hiking some rough terrain we got a nice 400yd shot. Was a great experience. I grew up Whitetail hunting in illinois, so Western big game hunting was a big change. Lots of hiking. Luckily, a good friend of mine came along to teach us the ropes. Learned alot, made great memories, and put meat in the freezer. 

I also forgot to mention that we live in the west valley, so we are hoping to find someone around here to do our mount. Thanks again guys!

08036C6E-2032-46EC-95F4-7BCAD2265247.jpeg

• Like 7

dang those are wicked looking spikes. used to see alot of really talk spikes back in washington around ST helens and goldendale that looked like that

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Delw said:

dang those are wicked looking spikes. used to see alot of really talk spikes back in washington around ST helens and goldendale that looked like that

We thought that he was a pretty unique animal. Very grateful to have had the opportunity to harvest him!

Well if you want a west side guy,  I think another member on here on the west side was doing them or maybe his son, maybe forepaw or beaton... vaguely remember. I'll see if I can look it up.. sorry if neither of you were it.

But Draysen does very good work and has great prices. Don't be afraid to drive for quality of work to try to safe a few a bucks.

What your rifle specs? 

• Like 1

Congrats on the hunt! Definitely some really tall spikes. It’s funny that this thread just got started. I’m currently in the process of a DIY Euro Mount for my bull. If this doesn’t turn out too good, now I’ll know who to contact for the next one haha

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HyNoon said:

Well if you want a west side guy,  I think another member on here on the west side was doing them or maybe his son, maybe forepaw or beaton... vaguely remember. I'll see if I can look it up.. sorry if neither of you were it.

But Draysen does very good work and has great prices. Don't be afraid to drive for quality of work to try to safe a few a bucks.

What your rifle specs? 

I wish I could make it out that way, looks like really awesome work. Unfortunately I have to stay close to the homestead today and tomorrow. 

My rifle is a Bergara B14 Hunter with a Vortex Viper PST gen ii. It gets the job done, and my wife can shoot it very comfortably as well. 

What ever you do, be sure to try to keep the head chilled well (on ice) until you get it to whoever is going to do the euro mount.  The taxidermist will appreciate that! ;)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikejr112 said:

I wish I could make it out that way, looks like really awesome work. Unfortunately I have to stay close to the homestead today and tomorrow. 

My rifle is a Bergara B14 Hunter with a Vortex Viper PST gen ii. It gets the job done, and my wife can shoot it very comfortably as well. 

Nice those are pretty good guns from what I've seen.  So did a little digging and Beaton on here does euro skulls on the west side. Maybe pm him.