Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

SOLD --1st Edition -- Outdoors in Arizona: A Guide to Fishing & Hunting by Bob Hirsch

This 1st edition of Outdoors in Arizona: A Guide to Fishing and Hunting by Bob Hirsch was published by Arizona Highways Books in 1986. The 192-pg., 8 1/2"X11" softcover is heavily illustrated on quality glossy paper with dozens of color photos, maps and artwork done by noted wildlife artist Larry Toschik.

Many of the photos were taken by me and my photography mentor, the late Jim Tallon. One of Jim's photos shows our old friend, the late Gene Henry, with a 10-lb rainbow from Lee's Ferry. The book breaks down the state into ten regions and covers both the fishing & hunting in all of them. But don't expect learning much or finding a secret spot since the book was meant to be more pretty than educational. 😉

My copy is basically in excellent unread condition but does have some minor wear marks on the edges of the spine from sitting in the bookcase. 

I will consider reasonable offers but no trades. Payment via PayPal (buyer doesn't need an acct; just a CC or checking acct.) or cash only. Can be picked up near 67th Ave. & Camelback in Glendale, AZ or shipped at buyer's expense ($4)

SOLD

outdoorsinAZ.jpg.901f760a614cfd3058d15cbb7b45d949.jpg

Tony, I have alot of these old books and I am only 64 , but wonder what I am going to to do with them. I threw away Years of Magazines already. My Sons are 31 and 28 ,live out of  State and don't hunt.  I will have no one to give them to, I have quit buying in recsent years. I am missing a few of Hunt Arizona. was trying to find them but gave up. Dad Passed at 98 last year , but I aint going that long. I think I should sell My stuff too and put the $ towards hunts while I still can . What do You think?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, naturebob said:

Tony, I have alot of these old books and I am only 64 , but wonder what I am going to to do with them. I threw away Years of Magazines already. My Sons are 31 and 28 ,live out of  State and don't hunt.  I will have no one to give them to, I have quit buying in recsent years. I am missing a few of Hunt Arizona. was trying to find them but gave up. Dad Passed at 98 last year , but I aint going that long. I think I should sell My stuff too and put the $ towards hunts while I still can . What do You think?

Go for it!!!

I've also thrown away oodles of old magazines but still have boxes of them, including many individual AZ Hunter & Angler issues, most of which have a photo I took on the cover. I also have many old Gray's Sporting Journals, which contain many very well written articles compared to the pablum found in the run of the mill outdoor mags. 

RE: Hunt Arizona -- are you taliking about the booklet the AGFD used to publish with all the stats in them? If so, I have several of the older ones around.