GilaCoues

WTB Remington 721/722/725

My son used his grandfather's Remington Model 722 in .257 Roberts to harvest his first pronghorn and first Coues' deer this year.  We also have my great-grandfather's Remington Model 721 in .30-06.  Very, very accurate rifles and awesome to shoot.  I've been on the lookout for other rifles in these models (725 was the deluxe model of the time), however the ones listed on the usual gun websites are either way too expensive or the reasonable ones don't ship.  Therefore, I'm seeing if anybody here has any of these models willing to sell at a reasonable price?  I grew up reading about .280 Remington (which i have a Model 700), so I'd like to get one of those (.270 would work as well).  I also want to buy another .257 Roberts because i love my father's but it is looking like the boy is going to get that one!!!  He loves shooting it, especially at critters!  Anyway, thanks for the consideration and look forward to seeing if anybody has one of these for sale.  Thanks!!

• Love 1

Keep looking.  I hope it works out for you, especially for the 725.  It’s nice to read about someone that’s interested in something besides a Savage or Ruger American.

I have a 721 in .270 that my Grandfather bought after getting home from WWII. I cherish that rifle but haven't ever considered it a collectible because they were budget rifles for the era. Maybe I should get it out and dust it off.

We have my grandfathers 721 in 270. Family heirloom. I killed my lion with it and.my grandpa hunted all over with it.

I love that rifle.

They are great rifles.  I had all of my firsts with my dad’s 722 Roberts.  I can still remember my first Coyote.  Whenever we would go out hunting/ shooting my dad would tell me which guns to load up in the truck.  “Grab the Roberts” he would say.  That’s what we called it back then.  I still have it.  I watched him make incredible shots with it too at things like running coyotes and rabbits.  It was also the first thing I used to shoot long range.  Back then, 500 yards was really far.  But it was capable.  

• Like 2

I have grandpas 722 308 that he bought brand new. He threw a synthetic stock on it 10 years ago and now it’ll be passed down to my boy. Love that gun!!

I just picked up a 721 in .257 Roberts as well. Sweet little rifles for sure and an even sweeter caliber. Good luck on your quest. 

• Like 1

My grandpa would roll over in his grave if I refinished the stock on his gun. The stock is the heart and soul, and the story teller of that rifle.