Non-Typical Solutions

Surveillance package!

Wireless Ring Doorbell and a couple wireless Ring cameras at Costco will cost around $300. Good clear coverage with audio that can be viewed with a cell phone. 

• Like 3

I will second Simplysafe if you want to have  24/7 monitoring. Monthly charge is reasonable and is nice if you are w/o cell service. I have an older system that started giving me problems connecting to the monitoring service. Tried three times with technical support to get it resolved with no luck so they are sending me a new system at no charge. That is good customer service in my opinion.

• Like 2

I second the Arlo recommendation. In between on high/low price. Great quality, two-way voice transmission, free cloud storage. Multiple configurations for alerts, i.e., my camera on my side yard picks up a voice it will activate/record cameras in the front and back based on the alert type.

• Like 1

I've had the Arlo, and Costco brand systems. Now I have Reolink. Much better for the price. Id suggest hard wiring the system, it's the best system long term. 24/7 recording even if the internet goes out. I'm recording at 1440P which is excellent clarity. My Arlo was worse than a cheap trail cam. I suggest Abode for a whole house alarm system, excellent product.

https://reolink.com/product/rlk8-810b4-a/

https://goabode.com

• Like 1

Good thread.  I have the Arlo Pro (couple gens old).  Been using it for a little over two years (Costco deal) with no major problems.

It is ok and hella easy to set up, but it's lacking in many ways.  Cams have a noticeable lag to activate for some types of motion, picture quality if just okay and batteries have to be replaced every 2-3 weeks for high traffic areas.  Lastly, free cloud storage is only good for seven days; more days costs.

I have zero interest in running power to cams, but that might be the way to go so I'll watch this thread.

Eddie

• Like 1