Sign in to follow this  
Prohunt

Lazzeroni Warbird

Hey everyone!

Do any of you shoot the .308 Warbird??I am trying to figure out what grain of bullets to shoot through my Sako Warbird.I was considering the 130 gr Barnes X that is moly coated and undersized and can be pushed over 4000 fps with over a 90 percent weight retention. Everything I have read says this is the fastest but not the most accurate. The 168 gr were supposed to be the most accurate but now Lazz came out with a 150 gr Laserhead or some name like that. I just wanted to know if any of you have had any experience with these different bullets. I will probably use this gun for Coues so I don't really need a heavy bullet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis

Hey Travis,

I don't know about the warbird, but I do know a little on the ballistics for a 30-378 Weatherby Mag.

The rifle has the exact sme trajectory with a 165 Speer ballistic tip as it does with a 180 grain Barnes X. In my book that only means one thing, I am sending the round down range that packs a bigger punch. Just my two cents. By the way, I would consider 165 grain bullets minimum for the Warbird. Just an opinion though. Faster and lighter is not always better.

Dean.

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the info. The 30-378 and the Warbird are very similer.I am considering 165 grain because I like it so much in my 7mag.

Thanks,

Travis

Travis,

The comparable ballistics from your 7mm should be done with a 150 grain bullet. I would consider a 180 grain bullet if I was you. The warbird is nowhere in the same category as the 7 mag. (180 gr Barnes x)

Dean

Dean,

I agreee with you the 7 mag is not a good caliber to campare with the Lazz. Warbird, it is just the closest gun I own. I am really liking the new Lazz. 150 grain Lazerhead, they have some good info on it in the Lazzeroni Website. I may just have to give them a call. They were very helpful when it came to scope advice before.

Thanks,

Travis

I personally use the Lazz 168gr HPBT factory load for real long range shooting with my Warbird,,,,, accurate as heck and really puts the hurt on the deer regardless of the range ,,,,

John Lazzeroni ,,,, john@Lazzeroni.com ,,,,,

I personally use the Lazz 168gr HPBT factory load for real long range shooting with my Warbird,,,,, accurate as heck and really puts the hurt on the deer regardless of the range ,,,,

John Lazzeroni ,,,, john@Lazzeroni.com ,,,,,

Welcome aboard John! It's a pleasure to have you in the forum. Can't beat something from the horses mouth. :P

John,

It's great to see you here on the forum with us.

I was on the phone with your company a few weeks ago and the

guy that helped me was top notch in customer service.

Warm welcome. You have some great rifles and awesome calibers.

I have a warbird and have worked up several loads for it... if you want give me a call and i'll be happy to give you great deal of info...That rifle can be very very hard to find a load that shoots well..Dave 602/228-1719

Thanks to all of you for the good words ,,,,,

Just let me know if I can be of any help ,,,,, I will hang around here till you all throw me out ,,,,,

nice to be on a forum without "too-much" BS flying around ,,,,,, John@Lazzeroni.com ,,,,,,

Thanks to all of you for the good words ,,,,,

Just let me know if I can be of any help ,,,,, I will hang around here till you all throw me out ,,,,,

nice to be on a forum without "too-much" BS flying around ,,,,,, John@Lazzeroni.com ,,,,,,

BTW, welcome to the site John. You will find that the people here are the best people I have found versus on any other fourm. I dont think you will find a better group than who is found right here!

M

I used Jim's warbird to shoot my deer in Arizona.Sure put the hurt on him.

yeah ,,, when they leave Jim's or my own Lazz Warbird Rifle ,,, we nick name them the "Meat-Seeking Missles" ,,,, MSM for short ,,,

which is more than I can say for the gentleman who thinks his ultraMag is everything the world has ever known (Lazz Warbird just eats the Ultra-mags for breakfast)) and he doesn't even like my comas ,,,,!???!

BTW ,,, they help keep my brain engaged ,,,,,