jwolmos

Help me find my Gun Dog's family.

Back in 2015 I purchased my first gun dog, Titan. He's a liver-colored Brittany his birthday is sometime in early January 2015. I got him from a gentleman (can't remember his name) that lived near some horse property out in the west valley. The man's kids had named my dog Twister or Tornado before I had changed it to Titan. Titan had 3 or 4 brothers that were all orange and white. The man I got Titan from wasn't a breeder but had a litter of Brittanys and seemed to be actively involved in the gun dog and bird hunting community. I'd appreciate any info that could help me find Titan's original family.

The reason I'm looking for Titan's original family is that I'd like to retrieve his bloodline paperwork, swap stories, and share with them what an incredible dog Titan has become.

I've attached some pictures of Titan as a puppy and current.

IMG_4895.JPG

IMG_4911.JPG

IMG_20191111_171329.jpg

IMG_20200317_224105.jpg

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, jwolmos said:

Back in 2015 I purchased my first gun dog, Titan. He's a liver-colored Brittany his birthday is sometime in early January 2015. I got him from a gentleman (can't remember his name) that lived near some horse property out in the west valley. The man's kids had named my dog Twister or Tornado before I had changed it to Titan. Titan had 3 or 4 brothers that were all orange and white. The man I got Titan from wasn't a breeder but had a litter of purebred Brittanys and seemed to be actively involved in the gun dog and bird hunting community. I'd appreciate any info that could help me find Titan's original family.

The reason I'm looking for Titan's original family is that I'd like to retrieve his bloodline paperwork, swap stories, and share with them what an incredible dog Titan has become.

I've attached some pictures of Titan as a puppy and current.

Sure looks like he has a lot of English Springer Spaniel blood in him.  This one was ours in the 1980s. 

Mrs Beasley

MrsBeasley1.jpg.8d2f9975720b3f8ee980a7b8f33cddec.jpg

• Like 2

Springers ears are usually way longer than Brittanys. Springers snouts are generally shorter and boxy compared to Britts. Titan is a Brittany all the way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Sure looks like he has a lot of English Springer Spaniel blood in him.  This one was ours in the 1980s. 

Mrs Beasley

I was gonna say,  looked a lot like a Springer I had 30 years ago ,Great dog! Good Luck!

• Like 1

I’ve seen lots of liver britts that have the Curly hair on the ears. Not totally uncommon. But those are pretty curly. 

4 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Mrs Beasley

Yep! I can definitely see the resemblance. Titan might have some Springer in him, I wouldn't rule it out. Hoping to find his original family to find out for sure. Mrs. Beasly looked like a fine dog!

But where are the bird pics??  Pretty dog!