jwolmos

Help me find my Gun Dog's family.

7 hours ago, jwolmos said:

Yep! I can definitely see the resemblance. Titan might have some Springer in him, I wouldn't rule it out. Hoping to find his original family to find out for sure. Mrs. Beasly looked like a fine dog!

She was a dandy but was merely a couch potato, not a hunter 🤣

We adopted her from another family who had too many dogs. Beasley's mother's's name was Buffy, thus the Mrs. Beasley handle from the 1960s era TV show, Family Affair. On the show, Buffy was the little girl & Mrs. Beasley was her doll's name. 

Good luck finding your guy. Regardless of the bloodline, Titan is a dandy looking pup. 

WOW do you guys get off subject!  :D

I tried to track down my Maverick's original kennel/breeder in Nebraska after 10+ years without the paperwork and it proved fruitless.  I was quite discouraged about it.  There are ton of Brittany websites on FB but unless the breeder or his friends are on that particular site, it makes it really hard to find info.  You have it going for you that is was in AZ.  Arlette (http://www.kninebirddog.com/) pretty much knows everyone in the Brittany dog game.  You may want to reach out to her.  

• Like 1

We recently acquired a puppy from our granddaughter.  It is a mutt and we were curious what dog breeds were involved.  My wife purchased a DNA testing kit from PetsMart and the results were returned pretty quick.  The results listed all the dog breeds involved as well as the percentages of each breed.  i believe there was some information about the individual dogs involved and for an additional charge they would provide detailed lineage information on the ancestors.

Pretty sure that’s 22&u or old people.com or something like that. My wife wanted me to take that test, I’ve never cared for tests...

Great looking dog though. Just enjoy him while you got him. The good ones go to quick.