Sign in to follow this  
peckl1

36a success

I haven't hunted in Arizona for 6 years. Working in Texas. My brother calls a couple of months ago. He tells me he has bought my license and put us in for a deer hunt. He wouldn't take no for an answer. So we got drawn for a Coues hunt at the end of November. I talk my boss into 2 weeks off and I drove out the day before the hunt. As you would expect the first few days were spent trying to stay away from other hunters.

Then Sunday night all you heard were trucks driving out. Monday mourning we found our selves pretty much alone. My brother shot a spike Monday afternoon and I shot a nice 3X3 on Tuesday. Today we left camp.

Always remember trust your brother!

• Like 14

Awesome.  I remember you being in 36a years ago when i hunted it a lot... Sure crazy thinking of all that has happened since those days.

• Like 1

Yes that rifle was given to me by a good friend just after he found out he had cancer. He passed 6 years ago. this was actually the first time I used it.

5 minutes ago, peckl1 said:

Yes that rifle was given to me by a good friend just after he found out he had cancer. He passed 6 years ago. this was actually the first time I used it.

Way to keep his memory alive! 

it is a sako 243. Harvey used it as his go to gun for many years. When he was diagnosed with cancer he gave me the gun. I used it a year after he was gone to kill this deer. thank you Harvey. I will always keep him in mind when I use it.

• Like 1