Yuma Outdoorsman

Trail Cam Ban?

hopefully the folks on the ground who are expected to enforce this nonsense will walk by 5 cameras on a water hole and report back to the office they didn't see any. Problem solved, no more money wasted from the top down.

• Like 2

The law is the law just like the cop that is in the bushes with his radar gun.That is his job to catch you,just like it is your job to turn out a quality product from the machine shop.No different.

• Like 1

It always starts with the High price guides on the strip & the elk water assholes that need to produce for $$$

ruin it for average joe with a couple of cams

• Like 9

HE]LL NAH! I move to motion a 3rd party vendor conduct all annual surveys. They (azgfd) wanna talk fair chase? No more spoon feeding the “in”crowd with intel with trophy animals and large congregations of bucks and bulls FOUND during said surveys.

• Like 2

I think there should be a happy medium... Average memory card camera that needs to be hiked to and checked , fine by me .. Showing time and dedication , Also a great hobby  , I love to see what I captured on camera and show the kids.. Priceless !! But the  cams that go to mobile devices or computers , I can do with out and I own both .. And should be band... . I think its that simple lets not over think this.. What you guys think..?

When are they going to realize stuff like this just creates an even bigger divide between normal hunters and wildlife officers?

I can totally see a ban on cameras that feed directly to your phone, that just doesn't seem right.  I'm kinda old school and just like the getting out and walking my butt off glassing and doing spot and stalk, it just makes it more fair chase.  I honestly think the cameras have gotten out of control.  I talked to one guy who had like six cameras set up in a one mile square.  You can't even pee in the woods anymore without being on camera : )

We are simply getting further away from fair chase-------period.  Everything is fair game (pun) when it comes to gaining advantage----

I am all for some hunting aides, but come-on....

Complete ballistic calculation systems...

1400 yd rifles

500 yd muzz with scope---nothing primitive about that.

150 yd bow shots

Buddy hunting is one thing, TEAM HUNTING is something totally different.

I know....runnin off at the mouth.....

Lets go with no cellular cams and maybe a season for cameras............like close it Aug 31-Dec 1....  Similar to Nevada

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Elmacho said:

We are simply getting further away from fair chase-------period.  Everything is fair game (pun) when it comes to gaining advantage----

I am all for some hunting aides, but come-on....

Complete ballistic calculation systems...

1400 yd rifles

500 yd muzz with scope---nothing primitive about that.

150 yd bow shots

Buddy hunting is one thing, TEAM HUNTING is something totally different.

I know....runnin off at the mouth.....

Lets go with no cellular cams and maybe a season for cameras............like close it Aug 31-Dec 1....  Similar to Nevada

where you been?? Cellular cams were banned over a year ago

2 hours ago, AZLance said:

where you been?? Cellular cams were banned over a year ago

Lance, my comments were kinda made in general, I do not follow the camera laws too closely, but this one caught my attention! I do not run cams in general, but thought this might be the year to get a couple just because.