SirRoyal

Recreational Trail Camera use is at Stake!

The Trail cam agenda driven ban by Arizona Game and Fish and The Arizona Commissioners  is nothing short of a dictatorship . 

Please just show us your support on this   Any suggestions are helpful.  I will call monday and find out how we the deplorable freedom Loving Arizona recreational wildlife enthusiasts can fight against Tyranny  in the Highest ranks of the Azgfd and the Commissioners.  This is not about hunting now  its about recreational use for you and your family.  The Arizona Game and fish and The Commissioners have overstepped  our freedoms .  No compromise just a flat out ban on trail cams. Shame on every commissioner.  Kurt Davis finally got his way and wants to leave his Legacy as he is in his last year as a commissioner and Jay Cook  of the AZGFD is behind this also! 

As one Commissioner said in 2018 " I'm afraid we are gonna make criminals out of Law Abiding citizens."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A go fund me would be great! I would like to have a season of cameras so we could watch antler growth and find other cool things! Someone on Instagram just posted pictures of people stealing and taking down his camp. All pictures were caught by a trail camera he uses as a security camera

• Like 2

It might help to define what recreational use is?  Do all of those guides install them because of outdoor recreation enthusiasm or is there another purpose?  Could they be looking for big bucks and how often and which places they water?    That’s what I do with cameras.  I shoot many different guns recreationally. Some of those guns will never see a big game or varmint hunt.  It’s pretty easy to see the recreation there, it’s more difficult to see the recreation in cameras.  I guess I could see it if you had cameras in a unit that you didn’t have a connection to a big game hunt with friends or family.  

Just now, Saguaro said:

It might help to define what recreational use is?  Do all of those guides install them because of outdoor recreation enthusiasm or is there another purpose?  Could they be looking for big bucks and how often and which places they water?    That’s what I do with cameras.  I shoot many different guns recreationally. Some of those guns will never see a big game or varmint hunt.  It’s pretty easy to see the recreation there, it’s more difficult to see the recreation in cameras.  I guess I could see it if you had cameras in a unit that you didn’t have a connection to a big game hunt with friends or family.  

A season would help with that as most hunting seasons will come across in November. I think ending the season July 31st will even the playing field a bit more

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

The animals in the units I hunt are migratory  so they disappear as hunting season draws close anyway. Trail cams are more about enjoying a vision of Nature in its natural habitat without the interruption of man to dictate their actions. 

If there had 500 hunters who would have called in and took up several hrs of the commission meeting, they might not have voted to ban.

I didn't see it , till last minute of last caller. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirRoyal said:

We need 500 + guys to donate $ 25 to $50 to retain an attorney.  He can tell us how to fight this. Should we do a go fund me account? Please any suggestions are helpful. 

Maybe some of the guides who have alot of cameras can raise some quick money buy putting there trailcams on Craigslist. ;)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, elkaholic said:

If there had 500 hunters who would have called in and took up several hrs of the commission meeting, they might not have voted to ban.

I didn't see it , till last minute of last caller. 

You dont get it! They did it under the guise of Covid Restrictions. Less public outrage at the meetings.  

11 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

How can we donate for legal fees?

Not sure yet ! Lets wait and find out .  I have contacted several guys. Lets see if they reply. 

I get it, most people like myself didn't even know it was being voted on.

They put these on as a formality,  to justify their pre determined actions.

• Like 2

Just now, elkaholic said:

I get it, most people like myself didn't even know it was being voted on.

They put these on as a formality,  to justify their pre determined actions.

Exactly! Thank you!

I am confused.  Is this fundraising effort and hiring an attorney in favor of:

A. No restrictions at all and leave things as they are.

B. A limited camera season where cameras are not legal during hunting seasons.

C. Something needs to be done to regulate the abuse but still allow cameras during all times of the year.