CatfishKev

Camera Poll

Camera Poll  

203 members have voted

1. 1. I think at this point everyone has heard all the pros and cons.

• Total Ban for hunting purposes
    • Cam season, Feb-July
    • Camera permit fee
    • Zero Ban on cams pertaining to hunting
    • Quarter mile from "point" water source (or however it was phrased)

I don't use them, and I don't really love the idea of them, but I don't want to start down the path of ban this, ban that, etc. 

I think streaming webcam type ones are way outside fair chase, and I think those are ban here already. 

I would say 1/4 mile from water might not be a bad thing though. People checking cams all the time has to encroach on wildlife. 

• Like 2

A Trail Cam Ban is really the only thing that makes sense. If the AZGFD was to have a season, or a 1/4 mile rule they would still have to deal with the headache of people calling and complaining about the use of trail cams being too close to water, or cams that were left up after the season closed etc.. If there was a season guides and DIY hunters would still leave the cams up and it would be too difficult and time consuming to control. The AZGFD has decided to move forward with the complete ban of trail cameras, they're tired of guides placing 200+ cams on each units water source, the need to check a game cameras SD card during prime hunting hours which screws up other hunters, and the unfair advantage a game camera allows a hunter in pursuit of an animal. What it comes down to is Fair Chase, and sitting on a couch while your cameras do all the scouting for you 24/7 should never be considered Fair Chase.

• Like 11

I think that a ban is the best way to regulate trail cams. The problems will only continue without a ban.

• Like 3

This is the problem with polls too many senerios. Polls are useless unless its a yes or no answer ie ban or no ban. as they can be taken out of contexted and used in other ways. Ive seen this happen many times on my website with bass fishing and the G&F fisheries dept. the asshole that set the poll up showed it to game and fish and said this meant this and that meant that then 4 assholes on the website pressured the commision and almost had it passed. Man did the fighting start when I let the cat out of the bag.  Granted there was over 2000 different members who voted on that poll. when the 4 people wrote it up the poll questions actually changed to there version and the way they felt it should read.

only 2 questions that should be asked YES or NO

Total Ban for hunting purposes

Zero Ban on cams pertaining to hunting

Cam season, Feb-July - Again someone will take this to court and G&F will loose costing lots of money. "well theres this big game season at this time or any season/animal . trust me it will be in court and loose

Camera permit fee- that shows its all about money and have nothing to do with fair chase and its not. someone will take this to court and G&F will loose costing lots of money

Quarter mile from "point" water source (or however it was phrased) - same deal here define water source rain you get a puddle goes to court and G&F looses again costing lots of money. moonsoons fill natural made water sources all the time that last for 1-5 months but it was dry when the cameras went up ....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dave Price said:

Never give up any rights, what will the next ban be for?

The problem with this line of thinking is that sometimes some of these so called rights should have never been allowed in hunting in the first place. Take infrared technology for example when it first came out people were using it for hunting until it got banned. Would hunting with an infrared scope be considered one of these rights that have been taking away from us hunters? I would say no. Hunting rights should be inherited not invented.   

• Like 5

Ban them except for my backyard problem solved - well for me anyway  :)

All,

We need everyone to let your voice be heard through the commission. The only way they truly have the public opinion is through your emails. We know there are two sides to the total ban of cameras- Nothing will be done on any forum but only through emailing and contacting each commissioner- rule making. By doing so- your voice is a a public record going forward!

AZGFD

Rulemaking@azgfd.gov

• Like 1

I think it’s funny that azgfd banned cameras yet they are the reason we know about jaguars in southern units. Not likely you’ll just glass one up

2 hours ago, bigbuckclub said:

Gotta say... a little surprised by the early results. 

Same here.  

Hopefully they go with a seadon which would be my choice, second would be the quarter mile.  

You might be right Delw, but i know if i made it a straight yes or no someone woulda said i shoulda had more options.  

10 hours ago, Dave Price said:

Never give up any rights, what will the next ban be for?

I do not understand why more people don't see the writing on the wall. 

• Like 3

I don’t see how any of the ban options will even be enforceable...gonna be a lot of “not my camera” claims out there. Or will they just be removed as enforcement?