CatfishKev

Camera Poll

Camera Poll  

203 members have voted

1. 1. I think at this point everyone has heard all the pros and cons.

• Total Ban for hunting purposes
    • Cam season, Feb-July
    • Camera permit fee
    • Zero Ban on cams pertaining to hunting
    • Quarter mile from "point" water source (or however it was phrased)

3 hours ago, deerslayer23 said:

I think it’s funny that azgfd banned cameras yet they are the reason we know about jaguars in southern units. Not likely you’ll just glass one up

No there not the reason we know about jags. Hound hunters are I think it was in 76-84 one was treed.

His name was Warner Glenn.

I rarely check into this web site and every time I do I'm reminded why I don't. Today for some reason I did and low and behold what is the first topic I see, game and fish banning something else. 

We as hunters are the biggest conservation group in the world however we don't stick together to stop our hunting rights from being infringed. It started a long time ago with banning this or banning that and we as hunters couldn't stick together. There were portions of us who thought "it doesn't effect me so why do I care" and others who said "I don't think people should be allowed to hunt that way". For whatever "reason", we were divided and slowly our rights have been slowly stripped away. 

I kinda find it funny(and sad) now some of the same people who didn't care in the past are the ones upset by these "new" restrictions on cameras. I have to remind them they were not out spoken before and this is "what they get" for their silence.  Now I just sit back and laugh at their outrage. Those of you who think this doesn't effect you, it will some day soon. Some day it will be banning binoculars or spotting scopes with a power greater than 10X or banning rifles which can shoot further than 500 yards or banning range finders. The list can go on and on. Think I'm crazy, that's what people would have said about trail cameras ten years ago. 

Have fun with your indignant outrage and those of you who think this won't eventually effect you cuz you don't use them anyway, have fun with the next ban coming..........

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Can someone let us know what has been banned?  I admit I’m not the best at keeping score on all of the things I’ve lost to the government.  But maybe huntlines is right.  He sounds like someone with a lot of answers.

I find it insane that guys are not smart enough to know that limiting technology is a necessary evil we must contend with.  

Do guys, who think nothing should be off limits, think we should eliminate all law and order?  

You guys are ok with draw locks for guys without disabilities, crossbows that shoot 150 yards for guys without disabilities.  Using infrared to locate animals during the night.  Using drones to locate animals while hunting,  The unmanned guns that are hooked to cameras where you can shoot the animals from your computer at home. Those are just a few off the top of my head that came up in the past 10-15 years.   I mean, if you can not see that technology is always evolving and laws need to be put in place to limit or curtail the effects of some of the advances in technology to try and maintain some semblance of hunting.  Where everyone draws the line is different.  That is why the poll has mixed opinions on it.  

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, huntlines said:

I rarely check into this web site and every time I do I'm reminded why I don't. Today for some reason I did and low and behold what is the first topic I see, game and fish banning something else. 

We as hunters are the biggest conservation group in the world however we don't stick together to stop our hunting rights from being infringed. It started a long time ago with banning this or banning that and we as hunters couldn't stick together. There were portions of us who thought "it doesn't effect me so why do I care" and others who said "I don't think people should be allowed to hunt that way". For whatever "reason", we were divided and slowly our rights have been slowly stripped away. 

I kinda find it funny(and sad) now some of the same people who didn't care in the past are the ones upset by these "new" restrictions on cameras. I have to remind them they were not out spoken before and this is "what they get" for their silence.  Now I just sit back and laugh at their outrage. Those of you who think this doesn't effect you, it will some day soon. Some day it will be banning binoculars or spotting scopes with a power greater than 10X or banning rifles which can shoot further than 500 yards or banning range finders. The list can go on and on. Think I'm crazy, that's what people would have said about trail cameras ten years ago. 

Have fun with your indignant outrage and those of you who think this won't eventually effect you cuz you don't use them anyway, have fun with the next ban coming..........

Its a dang device u leave in the woods, binoculars the hunter carries, go hunt!

• Like 1

I recommend everybody go to the link above and write the commissioners no matter what side of the fence you are on.

I voted for zero ban but I think the most reasonable compromise is a season. I know that ain't happening.

• Like 1

I’ll equate this to work. (Like I’ve always done) if you don’t know the rules now.... then how can you bitch? If you know the rules and haven’t tried to make the changes that you deem fit, then you have no say in the matter! If you’ve tried to help/change the outcome then your usually the minority.

I hate all the dam cams in the woods if you need meat that bad go to the grocery store!  Hard enough to get a tag and then have all that crap out there funken up your hunt!  Especially when someone decides to check their sims a week before their hunt during your hunt - not right...

The whole trail cam ban is a double edged sword for sure and I for one am torn. On one side, i realize that hunting has become something that it was not meant to be and technology must be limited for it to take a step back towards what it is supposed to be. On the other side, just like all the 2A arguments, everything we give back creates another step for further bans. Do we NEED trail cams? No. Do we NEED 1000 yard rifles? No. Do we NEED side by sides? No. If we give up any of them, what is next? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

An easy remedy. Call the cams abandon property and finders keepers. If you wanna lose 200 cams to no bull then that's a choice you made

I don’t know why you guys can’t understand the fact that azgfd can’t stop Joe wildlife watcher from having cams 24/7/365 . I feel bad for sir royal because he is emotionally involved with this . From the start I said screw the azgfd . I hope they don’t ban cams but if they do my friend Joe wildlife watcher will dammn sure have his out . For anybody that thinks they can snag a camera ask bc777 how that worked out for him . 

• Like 1