CatfishKev

Camera Poll

Camera Poll  

203 members have voted

1. 1. I think at this point everyone has heard all the pros and cons.

• Total Ban for hunting purposes
    • Cam season, Feb-July
    • Camera permit fee
    • Zero Ban on cams pertaining to hunting
    • Quarter mile from "point" water source (or however it was phrased)

When I was a kid you didn’t have to worry about someone taking a picture of you.  
took my son turkey hunting this year in 9.  I was like a tree ninja as we approach the tank.  My son ask what are you doing?  I said looking for cameras!  
There was four cameras on the tank!  Put some duct tape on the cameras, sat it until dark and removed the duct tape as we left.  
I vote total ban or a season, but something has to change!

People are leaving their cameras out year round for several years.  That against forest service rules.

Anyone else seen the camera and tree stand at crazy cow tank in 9 for the last 3+ years?  Maybe it’s SirRoyals camera. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NoBull350 said:

I don’t know why you guys can’t understand the fact that azgfd can’t stop Joe wildlife watcher from having cams 24/7/365 . I feel bad for sir royal because he is emotionally involved with this . From the start I said screw the azgfd . I hope they don’t ban cams but if they do my friend Joe wildlife watcher will dammn sure have his out . For anybody that thinks they can snag a camera ask bc777 how that worked out for him . 

I wish i had a brother without hunting rights that could run my cameras. Looks like you found a flip side to all his wrongdoings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GreyGhost85 said:

I wish i had a brother without hunting rights that could run my cameras. Looks like you found a flip side to all his wrongdoings. 

What can I say , things happen for a reason lol .

Agree with az300wby you can’t take a dump in the woods without being on camera.  I liked the solitude of hunting without big brother watching you or being all over the internet it’s the woods for F sake!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, huntlines said:

I rarely check into this web site and every time I do I'm reminded why I don't. Today for some reason I did and low and behold what is the first topic I see, game and fish banning something else. 

We as hunters are the biggest conservation group in the world however we don't stick together to stop our hunting rights from being infringed. It started a long time ago with banning this or banning that and we as hunters couldn't stick together. There were portions of us who thought "it doesn't effect me so why do I care" and others who said "I don't think people should be allowed to hunt that way". For whatever "reason", we were divided and slowly our rights have been slowly stripped away. 

I kinda find it funny(and sad) now some of the same people who didn't care in the past are the ones upset by these "new" restrictions on cameras. I have to remind them they were not out spoken before and this is "what they get" for their silence.  Now I just sit back and laugh at their outrage. Those of you who think this doesn't effect you, it will some day soon. Some day it will be banning binoculars or spotting scopes with a power greater than 10X or banning rifles which can shoot further than 500 yards or banning range finders. The list can go on and on. Think I'm crazy, that's what people would have said about trail cameras ten years ago. 

Have fun with your indignant outrage and those of you who think this won't eventually effect you cuz you don't use them anyway, have fun with the next ban coming..........

This is gold ..... 

I could be the manlyist man and hunt with a spear still but oh wait game and fish says I can't ..... you know cause you're only a man if you hunt my way ..... or the highway.  I hope you enjoy continuing to lose your rights at every angle in life nowadays.

• Haha 1

Just now, muledeerarea33? said:

Other than the “illegal per forest services time limit” is there a reason people don’t want to be seen sitting a tank? I get the “don’t take my picture” aspect. But other than that?? 

And I get the 20,000 cams on the popular tank thing. I’m talking about units that don’t have cameras on every water hole.

I don’t like the fact that someone Is taking pictures of my kids! That’s why I carry duct tape.  
Plus it’s hard to avoid the cameras when they have the tank surrounded with cameras!   
That tank had 5 not 4.  

• Like 3

Just now, az300wby said:

I don’t like the fact that someone Is taking pictures of my kids! That’s why I carry duct tape.  

Your kids get their picture taken 10 fold in the city. I’m not advocating for cameras per se! But not trying to ban them because you take your children hunting.

• Like 2

Never stated that I want them ban because of them taken pictures of my kids!  
They are watching more then wildlife, who is coming in and out. 
I have stated my reason on other threads and agree with the reasons others have stated on this thread. 

Has anyone noticed all the empty broke cam boxes in 9?  I counted 20 on our turkey hunt. A few had a message on them. “Please don’t steal my cameras worked hard for them” dated 2017. 
FYI I use cameras.  I put them up and take them down.  I don’t  check them during prime time.  
I would be 100 % ok to never use them again!   
I also don’t have boxes for them. Your not suppose to drill bolts in trees.  As a result I have had a few cameras stolen. 
That’s why I love hunting the Big Bo. Don’t have to worry about cameras and it keeps it old school scouting. 

It had water in it during the turkey hunt last year.  Opening weekend.(April) and the following weekend.  

1 hour ago, az300wby said:

Never stated that I want them ban because of them taken pictures of my kids!  
They are watching more then wildlife, who is coming in and out. 
I have stated my reason on other threads and agree with the reasons others have stated on this thread. 

Has anyone noticed all the empty broke cam boxes in 9?  I counted 20 on our turkey hunt. A few had a message on them. “Please don’t steal my cameras worked hard for them” dated 2017. 
FYI I use cameras.  I put them up and take them down.  I don’t  check them during prime time.  
I would be 100 % ok to never use them again!   
I also don’t have boxes for them. Your not suppose to drill bolts in trees.  As a result I have had a few cameras stolen. 
That’s why I love hunting the Big Bo. Don’t have to worry about cameras and it keeps it old school scouting. 

Pocket tank is the same way in unit 8. right next to the road. easily a dozen cams on the 2 trees next to the lake and few fence posts, then follow the fence east a tad and youll see a dozen more with in 300 yards of the tank.