Outdoor Writer

FYI --New Log-In For AGFD Portal

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Did you confirm this is valid, with AZG&F? I went ahead and changed mine, but still suspicious 🤔

I agree. I didn’t click the link from the email but went to the site to login like I usually do...my old login didn’t work and the temporary password in the email did work. Apparently legit, but would have been nice to see an announcement from AZGFD to alleviate suspicion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

My user name is now dghbhuffdhhhvg;##:;;&&&&;::#!!*__?._&&:'ffccvbhjjjgff""##;&&&&:##!÷÷÷=%/\;;&&&.  W.T.F.

I know why did they have to change user names and passwords

1 minute ago, bigorange said:

I agree. I didn’t click the link from the email but went to the site to login like I usually do...my old login didn’t work and the temporary password in the email did work. Apparently legit, but would have been nice to see an announcement from AZGFD to alleviate suspicion. 

Bingo! 👍 Exactly what I did rather than click in the email itself.  I was also suspicious since it came out of nowhere.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

Did you confirm this is valid, with AZG&F? I went ahead and changed mine, but still suspicious 🤔

Why do you think I posted the FYI message here? Duh!! 🙄

13 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

^^^^^This

Apparently the # is not a valid special character..  I had to start fresh from clicking on the link in the email to refresh it before it would work though.

Good show. 👍

Hope everyone else sees that the # character will cause a problem. 

7 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

They have had a notice on their main page about the system upgrade for over a week. 

I must have missed that when I was in there two days ago. The only thing I saw about 'updates' on thehome page was relative to Covid 19. Just found it, tho.

Upgrade

AZGFD online license purchase system will be unavailable Dec. 4-7 due to system upgrade

Posted December 1, 2020

License_screen_photo_Dec2020_wordpress.j

PHOENIX — Arizona Game and Fish Department customers are advised that online hunting or fishing license purchases through the AZGFD website will not be available from 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 4, through Monday, Dec. 7, due to technical upgrades being made to the AZGFD customer service system.

Customers who need a license during this time frame should either buy it online before 5 p.m., Friday, Dec. 4, or buy a paper license from an authorized license dealer. The Department anticipates the upgraded online license purchase system will be available by 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 8.

Portal account holders will be able to view their information but will be unable to make changes during this time period.

The system upgrades will allow for improved functionality, security, and will be a foundation on which the Department can build and expand future products and services for customers.

13 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

They have had a notice on their main page about the system upgrade for over a week. 

And...I just checked my email Trash folder because I seemed to recall getting something, and sure enough the same notice I posted above was sent out on Dec. 1. I just didn't post it here like I normally do because it didn't seem important since it didn't mention anything about changes to the portal stuff. ☹️

Thanks for bringing this up Outdoor Writer.  Guess they needed to update the system so they could handle all the hate mail they're going to get after banning trail cams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Happened to me as well. Be sure you're typing in the 2nd password --not copy/waste and recheck to be sure all of the elements are there. I first tried using the # as the special charchter and it didn't work. So I switched to the * and voila. Try a format such Xxxxxxxxx11* usingyour own letters, number and character.

This is a very helpful post

I usually use # as my special character.

Read this post, used "&" and it worked.

Hour and twenty and still on hold to talk to IT analyst 

great times and system

can’t get anything to work old or new stuff they sent

2 hours ago, IA Born said:

Got in and got mine changed.  It doesn't have any records of my hunting license, though.

Same here.