peckl1

Nice mule deer find

Here are a few pictures from this morning. Oh, by the way another rattler bit the dust

post-88-1217011747_thumb.jpg

post-88-1217011776_thumb.jpg

post-88-1217011812_thumb.jpg

post-88-1217011851_thumb.jpg

post-88-1217011894_thumb.jpg

Great find on a really good buck...

BUT, I disagree on killing every snake you see.. I dont see the need to kill something just to kill it. Rattlesnake or not..

Great find on a really good buck...

BUT, I disagree on killing every snake you see.. I dont see the need to kill something just to kill it. Rattlesnake or not..

I agree but I have been know to kill a few rattler in revange for bitting my dog. That snake costed me $1,600.

Nice shed by the way. Those desert mulie sheds are tuff to come by.

Scottyboy, I know you are from Texas and have been around snakes most of your life. Have you ever seen the results of a rattlesnake bite on a little girl who was not messing with the snake? My little sister's best friend was bitten on our front porch. He was coiled up around my boots so she didn't see it. She came up to ring the door bell and bang. I'll never forget the scream. Or the results of that bite. She almost lost her leg. From that day on I have killed every rattler I see.

Lee

awesome sheds! I agree with Scottyboy, and I'm a survivor of a snake bite. I think I've killed maybe 2 in the last 10 years and I probably see close to 30 a year. I would say that if I had my pups with me and found one before they did I would kill it as fast as possible.....I can't afford a vet bill like that! Sorry to hear about that girl though, I know what it's like :(

Killing snakes is my one politcally incorrect and un-enviromentalist-like habit. I know they eat rats and have a place in the ecosystem and all that, but I just can't control my urge to blast them to shreds.

Other than that, I'm a regular animal lover and a boy scout.

Scottyboy, I know you are from Texas and have been around snakes most of your life. Have you ever seen the results of a rattlesnake bite on a little girl who was not messing with the snake? My little sister's best friend was bitten on our front porch. He was coiled up around my boots so she didn't see it. She came up to ring the door bell and bang. I'll never forget the scream. Or the results of that bite. She almost lost her leg. From that day on I have killed every rattler I see.

Lee

I know 3 (make that 4 with Jim being bit as well) people personally who've gotten bit from a rattler. One of them is my uncle. Got tagged on the shin when he bent over to pick up a dove on Sept. 1 of 2002. I was right there. Doesnt mean I want to exact revenge on all the snakes in the world. Just wrong place at the wrong time. heck, a co-worker (a retired chief) of mine got bit on the priairie's of MT and DIED 2 years ago! It was his own stupidity. He shot the thing and decided it would be cool to pick it up. Tagged him and he died that night in the hospital. Again, wrong place at the wrong time.

I see snakes ALL the time. I work in the desert at night in some of the most snake infested places in this state!! Ive come close to stepping on lot's of them! I grew up in west TX where snakes are probably more common than even here!! If I was to get bit, would I go out on a killin' spree? No. And dont get me wrong.. Ive killed a number of them as well.. But only because they were near my home, near the dogs, etc.. not just for the fun of it.

If you're trollin' to get me in a pissing match, you've got it. But regardless of what I say, or what you say, we arent going to change each other's mind. No matter what you try to tell me as to your "reasoning and logic" is behind killing every snake you see, I am going to disagree with you.. I am passionate about hunting more than your average hunter,and do ALOT of hunting, but I cant stand that crap. Killing something to just let it lay and not do anything with it at all. What if someone came on here bragging about how they went out and "blasted" a few deer just for the heck of it? I bet you wouldn't stand for that, would ya?

I just don't understand the logic on the boards on how you can go out and blast the heck out of a snake, wolf, lion, gila monster, or whatever the topic may be and be praised!! It blows my mind.

Nice shed BTW!! That is a nice desert muley for sure!

+1 Scottyboy, thanx for the words. Makes more since to leave the snakes alone than bang everyone you see. Snake bites are nasty, no one will deny that. I've seen my share of envenomations, not one of them have been accidents. Guys usually trying to pick one up, etc. Then there's the true accidents, usually children, very sad no doubt. Bottom line, it's a wild alive desert out there be careful and leave the snakes alone it's probably more afraid of you than you are... besides Killing for the sake of killing is not healthy.

And I really like those sheds as well. You shed hunters have all the luck, been hunting for 34 yrs and I've only found one shed. A tiny coues shed(a two point total length a whopping six inches) at that.

Ernest

Scottyboy, the only trolling I do is for crappie. I just posted a few pictures and said I killed a rattlesnake. Then you told me how you feel about killing all the snakes you see. Then I explained why I kill rattlesnakes. Not all snakes. I have a great gophersnake that hangs around my house. At least I think it's a gophersnake. Not a big expert on them. I know what you mean about Texas. I was born in Marfa. Then we lived in Ft. Stockton until I was 10.

I respect your opinion. I just ask you respect mine. Nothing wrong with having different opinions.

Lee

;) :) ;) Nice Muley Set man. good find!

:huh: Any Potentialy lethal wild animal that takes a stand to take my life will get the same in return. Now If a bear, lion, pig, rattler or something tries to maul or kill me, well I got a new .45 with a laser and spare clip that will solve that!My new means of a sidearm. After my last beary scary bear scenario I moved up from my lil' 22 snubby. ;) I've encountered one rattler who didn't want to kill me, I let that one go. Otherwise I've got a nice batch of skins as well. Ohh, and bear tag in hand, me and my dog ar going for a rematch with Mr. Big Bear!! ;) He's gonna get 250 grains of sabbot from my .50 . :ph34r: If I ever catch Another lion trying to put his moves on me again, guess what..............................................

If a potentially lethal animal trully doesn't wan't to be bothered and IS scared of me more than I am of Him , goes his own way etc. etc. Then we will both live. The only other alternative is usually death for one or both. If you've never encountered wild animals " gone bad" then you're probly on the other side of the fence with this issue. If you have then you probly carry a sidearm and are both willing and able to use it i'm sure

:D ;)