Sign in to follow this  
eom

My sons first elk/big game harvest.

What a fun hunt this has turned out to be, I was a little worried about hunting here again I’ve been in This unit once and it was a zoo. My wife was due late October this year and said I couldn’t put in for September hunts because of how close it was so we opted for a December tag knowing it Would be tough. Myself my son and two buddies got drawn fast forward to the hunt opening day didn’t see anything but quads and a couple really pleasant guides who weren’t to thrilled to see us in the same area. Saturday we finally found elk mostly cows and one spike which we couldn’t get a shot at. Monday morning my son stayed up on a hill we had service at to log into school and get his work done I found another spike that morning bedded him and went back to get my son he had to finish A test so by the time we got back up there it was a little later than I wanted, as soon as I put my binos on the tripod I found him again slowly feeding making his was to water we ranged him at 750 and had the wind in our favor my buddies stayed behind to keep an eye on him while I got my son a little closer. We ended up getting to 350 got him set up and he’s shaking and said his heart was beating like crazy I told him to take his time breath and wait for a clear shot, if you’ve hunted 22north you know how thick it is. He finally turned and his first shot went right over his back the bull looked up and just stood there his second shot hit him in the shoulder. He started to run down hill and he put another one in him dropping him in is tracks, I bet everyone in that unit could hear my screaming and going crazy. This was a moment I will remember forever! Still have three more tags to go so hopefully we can stumble on another one!56E2B733-F993-47BA-AF50-A1BF8F69376D.thumb.jpeg.d3da1f5a94bd239ae2efc50b91ad0312.jpeg

• Like 34

Congrats. Nothing better than seeing your kids get it done.

We’ve done the remote school thing while hunting. It’s kind of nice not to be stuck in town.

• Like 1