Sign in to follow this  
WHALE

Roosevelt Lake Closures

Anybody know where to find map for the goose and bald eagle closures for Roosevelt?

Called TNF and that didn't help

Checked websites and nada

TIA

Game and fish?  I do know they are clearly marked by buoys.  Bald eagle closure is very small compared to the crap they do at Pleasant. 

• Like 1

There aren't any designated eagle closures at Roosevelt at this time but if the adults start incubating eggs in the next couple months they could add a 1,000 foot (or so depending on vulnerability) closure around the nest, especially the one in the Tonto arm. It would be marked by TNF and would last until the birds fledged. The other active nests sites aren't exposed and wouldn't likely need closures.

The waterfowl closure will be marked with buoys in front of Bermuda Flat across to Glen Cove and through the main lake but I'm not sure they map it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WHALE said:

Anybody know where to find map for the goose and bald eagle closures for Roosevelt?

Called TNF and that didn't help

Checked websites and nada

TIA

No map, but I posted this press release on all the closures a week ago. The excerpt below it is from the press release. 

AGFD -- Restrictions For Bald Eagles Now In Place

Tonto Creek 
  • Tonto Creek from Gisela to 76 Ranch is closed to vehicle, foot entry, and floating through from Dec. 1 to June 30. Contact the Tonto National Forest Tonto Basin Ranger District at (928) 467-3200.
  • Tonto Creek inlet to Roosevelt Lake is closed to vehicle and foot entry within 1,000 feet of the nest on land and to watercraft within 300 feet on water from Dec. 1 to June 30. Contact the Tonto National Forest Tonto Basin Ranger District at (602) 225-5395.
  • Like 1

If it hasn't changed from years past, it runs from the west side of Rabbit Island down to about Methodist Creek. Not sure about Orange Peel or Bermuda (as I usually don't fish that end). All marked with buoys. Here's an old map.

image.thumb.png.c409ee89d81e23339969306720f10ce6.png

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dmoto said:

If it hasn't changed from years past, it runs from the west side of Rabbit Island down to about Methodist Creek. Not sure about Orange Peel or Bermuda (as I usually don't fish that end). All marked with buoys. Here's an old map.

image.thumb.png.c409ee89d81e23339969306720f10ce6.png

perfect thanks guys