Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

2020 strikes again

I'm a pretty careful driver.  Too old to do "stupid stuff"  but clearly my eyes aren't what they used to be.  I am pretty sure I slipped off a rock sideways and whacked it.  Was just surprised as I have done much worse things to it with no damage.  

At least now I know what I'm getting for Christmas.  

• Haha 2

Aluminum alloy. Steel wheels are more forgiving in that they bend. Aluminum alloy wheels, cast or forged, are incredibly strong but they do have their weak points, and fracture is one of them when the stress gets to high. Also, made in china.

12 minutes ago, arizonian said:

Aluminum alloy. Steel wheels are more forgiving in that they bend. Aluminum alloy wheels, cast or forged, are incredibly strong but they do have their weak points, and fracture is one of them when the stress gets to high. Also, made in china.

Agreed. My other wheels were steel and I beat the crap out of them on these nasty Az trails

11 minutes ago, tagsoup_ said:

That's what you get for runnin around in a side by side!

Only way I can get to the powerlines and check all my cameras on all those water holes in 9 and 10.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well if it makes ya feel any better... i also just did a stupid.  Decided to be lazy and drive between the house and my tree with the camper instead of backing it in like i usually do.  What really chaps my butt is im the guy that usually stops stupid things from happening, well.... not this time.  Sucks because im listing it for sale now i need to spend a bunch of time fixing it to make it look good again. Silver lighning is i can still fix it and not have it look like crap. 

20201211_170115.thumb.jpg.b90361fd2a1277969a0274fe87a0f0f0.jpg20201211_170723.thumb.jpg.a893c099df9743d791762e61ae9f6c56.jpg

• Sad 1