Sneaker

Mule Deer 20/21 Rut Report

Thought I would start a thread to share what people are seeing out there. I know someone out hunting today, haven't heard any updates yet. I'll probably do some driving around with my kids tomorrow to see what is going on out here near Kingman. 

The spike and forkie coues bucks are chasing does around like a bunch of idiots😂, I imagine the mule deer are fully rutted up by now, I will report this weekend. Should be good!

• Like 1

Hearing they are going pretty good in some spots with mature bucks with most of the doe groups in northern AZ. A two point was harassing a group of does behind my place yesterday morning. Some smart guys poached him with rifles a couple hours late. The Calvary showed up and eventually after some excitement the guy/guys got busted. Don’t use rifles in archery season boys and girls.

• Like 4
  • Wow! 3

Glad they caught them.

• Like 1

Nothing much going on in 25m just does no bucks with them yet

With lows getting lower after this week imma go out a few more times with my friend and see if I can get him one! Then once the new year is here i can have another shot in my spot!

• Like 1

No rut activity in the south central desert units for the muzzy hunt. We were on a 180 class walking all by his lonesome for miles.  All does by themselves w no bucks. Hunting the flats are tough. 

• Like 1

I was up north by Prescott, Friday-Sunday and the rut was in full swing. Watched a couple bucks battle it out for a good 10 minutes and only saw a single doe group that didn't have buck(s) in tow. Wrapped my tag around a nice buck. Was tickled pink.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, high rise hunter said:

I was up north by Prescott, Friday-Sunday and the rut was in full swing. Watched a couple bucks battle it out for a good 10 minutes and only saw a single doe group that didn't have buck(s) in tow. Wrapped my tag around a nice buck. Was tickled pink.

Photos? Haha congrats on the buck! 

1 hour ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

Photos? Haha congrats on the buck! 

I put 4 stalks on this buck Friday but each time busted by one of his 11 does. Caught up with him again Saturday morning and made what I thought was a very marginal shot. Playing safe, I spent the rest of the day glassing, trying to find him with the optics to no avail. The following morning dropped into where he took off after the shot and found him within 200 yards. The arrow, although farther back then I would have preferred, did catch vitals so I'm sure he was done within a couple of minutes.

Don't mind the long hair. It's Covid season and I'm living my best Tom Hanks from Cast Away.

IMG_3460.thumb.jpeg.d8895e13d2614cc8736b4d3bb07d44d7.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Great Buck! 6
  • Wow! 2