Sign in to follow this  
wellhead

The virus

Deep in the covid three days a week at the hospital. My two cents is the virus is real and is killing people. I went from thinking I was going to die and need a new career to I am pretty much ok with the virus and not worried. That being said if you are obese or have heart issues or diabetes or elderly with health decline or hypertension “high blood pressure “ you are flipping a coin on how it will effect you. Not saying it will kill you but it does make some people pretty sick. What I got from this is you need to stay healthy. Do I think there are other things at play with the media hype yes. Are hospitals making money? From what I understand yes. Now we see more admits with less intubation. You can put the  two together! With all that said. It’s real and if you are unhealthy take precautions. Everyone else in my honest opinion live your life. As for the vaccine ya it will help but it is just a blanket like the flu shot not a cure all. Every year we will have to take one again. But if your old or unhealthy it will only help.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigbuckfever said:

Okay, I could have done a better job of presenting my point and that is that the average person, that doesn't have underlying conditions like heart disease, diabetes, obesity, etc, is not dying from covid.  I feel more at risk of a car wreck than dying from covid.  Next time I'll try not to state my feelings and opinions as facts.  

Careful basing your facts and opinions on feelings...someone will call you a liberal. 😳

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NoBull350 said:

How many of you clowns will get the vaccine as soon as you can ? 

Can we buy it and sell it for more on craigslist and offer-up?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, northAZarcher said:

And where are we getting these stats from? The hospitals that are making money off covid deaths? Or the deaths where people are dying in motorcycle accidents and have covid so they list it as such?? Maybe we are all missing something... Like the whole truth...

Yup 

• Like 1

I don’t think that the CDC gets any money for reported COVID deaths, their reporting seems to show a pretty close correlation in increased 2020 total US deaths vs 2019 total deaths .  In fact, the number of increased reported deaths in 2020 comes pretty close to hospital reported COVID deaths.  
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/provisional-tables.htm

While most of us are not worried about COVID personally, when it is all said and done I doubt many of us won’t know someone that has has died from this virus.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, couesdeerhntr said:

Deep in the covid three days a week at the hospital. My two cents is the virus is real and is killing people. I went from thinking I was going to die and need a new career to I am pretty much ok with the virus and not worried. That being said if you are obese or have heart issues or diabetes or elderly with health decline or hypertension “high blood pressure “ you are flipping a coin on how it will effect you. Not saying it will kill you but it does make some people pretty sick. What I got from this is you need to stay healthy. Do I think there are other things at play with the media hype yes. Are hospitals making money? From what I understand yes. Now we see more admits with less intubation. You can put the  two together! With all that said. It’s real and if you are unhealthy take precautions. Everyone else in my honest opinion live your life. As for the vaccine ya it will help but it is just a blanket like the flu shot not a cure all. Every year we will have to take one again. But if your old or unhealthy it will only help.

Interesting point is we are in December and the flu seems nonexistent this year.

Hospitals are making hand over first right now. Someone is stacking some serious cash. Non profits especially 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ShutYourLib said:

I don’t think that the CDC gets any money for reported COVID deaths, their reporting seems to show a pretty close correlation in increased 2020 total US deaths vs 2019 total deaths .  In fact, the number of increased reported deaths in 2020 comes pretty close to hospital reported COVID deaths.  
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/provisional-tables.htm

While most of us are not worried about COVID personally, when it is all said and done I doubt many of us won’t know someone that has has died from this virus.  

I know 7 people who had it. One of them, elderly in perfect health with no underlying conditions, was dead in 4 days.

Half my family is now down with it, as I I type. My Mom who is 88 tested Neg. fortunately. Christmas is pretty well a solo house affair for us in a family that thrives on gatherings and being together at holidays. Those of you who think it’s B S  really are part of the problem.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Half my family is now down with it, as I I type. My Mom who is 88 tested Neg. fortunately. Christmas is pretty well a solo house affair for us in a family that thrives on gatherings and being together at holidays. Those of you who think it’s B S  really are part of the problem.

How are we part of the problem? Y’all have been told to stay home and social distance. Not our fault you guys all didn’t. 

• Like 5