Sign in to follow this  
wellhead

The virus

1 hour ago, HyNoon said:

I saw this video and it makes you wonder.....

hopefully that link works.... but to all the heath care workers out there I would be asking about this medication instead of a vaccine. He has been trying since August to get this approved.... and why won't they let it happen.... maybe it doesn't help big pharm or not on the agenda for 2020 idk but it makes you ya wonder.

I totally agree they should be looking into all possible treatments. What I don’t understand at all is why the same people that are so easily convinced of stuff like this, or hydroxychloroquine , on the word of one or a few (usually discredited) doctors, are the same people that completely refuse to take the recommendations of the vast majority of top doctors and scientists on what is proven to help us. Science ? No. Politics? Absolutely.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 7:17 PM, hunter4life said:

... I will be required to get the vaccine due to my job and am scheduled to get it in 2 weeks.  Do I have any worries about getting the vaccine? NO..... 

Your employer is mandating you get the vaccine? Or you feel it's necessary due to your job? 

On 12/14/2020 at 3:40 PM, dustin25 said:

I totally agree they should be looking into all possible treatments. What I don’t understand at all is why the same people that are so easily convinced of stuff like this, or hydroxychloroquine , on the word of one or a few (usually discredited) doctors, are the same people that completely refuse to take the recommendations of the vast majority of top doctors and scientists on what is proven to help us. Science ? No. Politics? Absolutely.

My grandpa is an 86 year old rancher in West Texas. He has pneumonia and was diagnosed with Covid in July. He was given Hydroxychloroquine at the hospital and he was sent home in less than 48 hours. He's doing better than ever.

The people controlling our world are making decisions as to what treatments are legitimate and effective not based on how legitimate and effective they are. Instead we are told that the only viable option to control this stupid fuckin virus is to antisocialize, close businesses, wear a mask, and take our vaccine. Its ludicrous that we're not exploring repurposed medicine. Makes me suspicious as f*ck. 

• Like 2

I’m glad your grandpa made it through. I have 2 relatives that happen to be older then your grandpa that survived covid, and neither was treated with hydroxychloroquine. Point is, could have done nothing for your grandpa. That’s what the vast majority of the medical community believes. Isn’t some evidence of some widespread conspiracy.
Must be scary for those that feel like everything is out to get them.

the American Medical Association just rescinded its orders on hydroxy and now say ok and effective to use.  good timing lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bhuntin said:

the American Medical Association just rescinded its orders on hydroxy and now say ok and effective to use.  good timing lol

Do you concur Stanley?  😏

• Haha 1

There are two tales of this virus 

1. People get it and have a few symptoms, then go on like nothing ever happened. 

2. Others get it and die.  I have known couple of people that got this virus and died....if one was to meet them in August, it would never been said "that dude is about to die"- sure minor health issues, ... they got it and died. 

I will take the vaccine as soon as I can- I would take it today, I have to get the flu shot ever year for work and sure CV-19 will be required (healthcare).... 

1 hour ago, tagsoup_ said:

My grandpa is an 86 year old rancher in West Texas. He has pneumonia and was diagnosed with Covid in July. He was given Hydroxychloroquine at the hospital and he was sent home in less than 48 hours. He's doing better than ever.

The people controlling our world are making decisions as to what treatments are legitimate and effective not based on how legitimate and effective they are. Instead we are told that the only viable option to control this stupid fuckin virus is to antisocialize, close businesses, wear a mask, and take our vaccine. Its ludicrous that we're not exploring repurposed medicine. Makes me suspicious as f*ck. 

Glad your pop is ok.

I honestly dont have a problem with them asking folks to social distance and wear a mask. But making people shut their companies down and quite possibly lose their buisiness and their homes is phucked.  

Shutting down businesses and putting out a  mandatory  stay at home is draconian.  And unnecessary.  With some common sense and common courtesy when around others,  this can be contained.  Driving home today, no one is staying home in Metro Phx.  COSTCO was a shite show, I kept driving,  A mask and daily dosing with Coors Light has seemed to work for me for the last 9 months, I will stick with it until something better comes along.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NOTAGS said:

Shutting down businesses and putting out a  mandatory  stay at home is draconian.  And unnecessary.  With some common sense and common courtesy when around others,  this can be contained.  Driving home today, no one is saying home in Metro Phx.  COSTCO was a shite show, I kept driving,  A mask and daily dosing with Coors Light has seemed to work for me for the last 9 months, I will stick with it until something better comes along.

Agreed, been lucky to avoid the major downside until now.  My heart goes out to the people whove been forced to stay home and not work,  lose buiseness and probably homes soon as well. Meanwhile politicians have all enjoyed their paid holidays enjoying life while ruining the lives of others. Makes me sick. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, elcy said:

Your employer is mandating you get the vaccine? Or you feel it's necessary due to your job? 

I am self employed but work at multiple hospitals and my own office.  I am knowingly exposed to Covid frequently while caring for patients (while wearing PPE) and also likely unknowingly without the full N95 and other garb.  I deal with the elderly frequently and do not want to transmit the virus to them.  Hospitals essentially require the flu vaccine yearly with only a few exceptions.  Prior to Covid if you claimed a medical or religious exemption to the flu vaccine you would have to wear a mask at all times while in the building during flu season.  Under the emergency use authorization for the Covid vaccine I believe that an employer cannot mandate you get the vaccine (yet), but they can strongly suggest it and make you take other precautions if you don't.