Sign in to follow this  
wellhead

The virus

On 12/13/2020 at 6:48 AM, azbirdhunter88 said:

COVID is all BS. Can’t wait for it to all be over. 

That isn't entirely accurate.  I have had it.  Didn't take long to kick it, and didn't really kick my butt nearly as bad as it did others I know that had it.  But it is a real thing.  Not all BS.  

Now the coverage, the death toll, and a lot of other things about it ARE BS ... that I can say without hesitation.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dustin25 said:

I’m glad your grandpa made it through. I have 2 relatives that happen to be older then your grandpa that survived covid, and neither was treated with hydroxychloroquine. Point is, could have done nothing for your grandpa. That’s what the vast majority of the medical community believes. Isn’t some evidence of some widespread conspiracy.
Must be scary for those that feel like everything is out to get them.

Not sure who you are talking with but I did CE credits during my mandatory shutdown and all of the tests and trials done of hydroxychloroquine showed huge promises. (Done by real Physicians and medical researchers) I personally know a presciber that has over 80% "success" rate of limiting and stopping symptoms with it. Im not sure how he gets his #s but he is convinced. Not a single one of my other presciber friends are getting anywhere close to that...  

On 12/13/2020 at 8:03 PM, NoBull350 said:

Well considering I never wear a mask and I haven’t caught the Rona I must be doing something right 😘

So I get on this site from time to time to share success stories and just reply to a few things here and there and I never really engage on the back and forth, but for some reason this post allowed me to join in.  It has nothing to do with the attack on anyone’s freedoms or political views by any means. I Love every bit of my freedoms and would never give them up and would fight for every bit of them, but wanted to elaborate on this. The mask and vaccine are not for the the healthy person. From my little bit of education on covid and other viruses  tells me ya the mask does little, it does help but  does not stop it. I was always told that the regular mask will not protect me. Will it help Even at the tiniest bit? Yes. Even if your are healthy you can spread it a little even with no symptoms and yes I understand if you don’t want to wear one that’s on you. Germs are on everyone and from touching anything it can spread. Ya, not like if you are sick and sneezing and coughing, but you still can.  I know, it’s America and if you choose not to wear one, no worries either, but wanted to give a little on what I know about germs and how they spread.  Masks and hand washing helps everyone a little.  It mostly helps people with diabetes or those that are overweight and/or have hypertension or other diseases that this virus attacks that didn’t expect this virus to show up out of the blue and affect. Ya we can drink some beers and talk about all sorts of reasons why or how we think the virus came about and I am always down for that kind of discussion. I understand the reason for people to not want to get the vaccine. Am I going to rush and get it? Heck No I am not. Not because I am an anti vaccination person, but because I just don’t feel I need it.  I am not worried about it as much as I used to be through my year worth of education on this virus. Ya could it still affect me and maybe put me under for good?  Ya it can, but for my age and health I’m not too worried according to the odds and probability.  My little bit of conspiracy side thinks it might be big pharmaceutical jumping on a virus because they can make money off of it. that being said in my eyes if you are old and have some illness that it might affect then in my eyes it can only help.Like the flu vaccine, it will need to be taken every year and adds billions of dollars to big pharma pockets.  Likewise, with the flu vaccine, how I understand it, it’s for the elderly and for anyone who has an illness that this disease will attack or anyone who feels like they need it, and I won’t judge them if they take it. It’s up to them not anyone else. That’s what makes America great. For some reason thru social media In my eyes we have got into this culture of pointing fingers and blaming and not really enjoying what we really have. It’s the decision to make our own decisions, but to always know they come with consequences, and if you are ok with that then It’s on you. if I didn’t really Answer why I actually posted and quoted this post here it is. The mask is not for the person wearing it and is for the small chance you do have it and are not showing symptoms or might just be starting to show your symptoms. I hope if you do have any cold symptoms you are not going out but again that’s on you.i do see this disease every three days and it’s real and killing some people. Does it kill everyone that it touches?heck no. Some didn’t even know they had it,But it does kill and is being added to everything else that can get us. What scares me the most is I see what’s it does to the lungs of people that  it does make sick even if they don’t get admitted to the hospital it hurts the lungs and that alone scares me. No it does not attack the lungs on everyone but some it does and it creates a lot of damage. And what does that mean for that’s persons future? ThAt alone allows me to put on a mask when I walk  into a place of business that has the right to refuse service to anyone and make there own decisions on how to run there place of business.

If you took the time to read the post sorry for the long rant and I hope maybe it helps with a little.

• Like 2

Social distancing is the CDC's remedy for the kung flu. Why are the stores at it again, herding the sheep in and out the same door? This $hitt makes no sense to me.

24 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

Social distancing is the CDC's remedy for the kung flu. Why are the stores at it again, herding the sheep in and out the same door? This $hitt makes no sense to me.

Don’t get caught up in the hype of the Rona,  just live life as you normally would . Being scared of the virus will only make you stress and die sooner . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, NoBull350 said:

Don’t get caught up in the hype of the Rona,  just live life as you normally would . Being scared of the virus will only make you stress and die sooner . 

Ain't scared. Just tired of batshit crazy $hit going on.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2020 at 6:22 PM, couesdeerhntr said:

So I get on this site from time to time to share success stories and just reply to a few things here and there and I never really engage on the back and forth, but for some reason this post allowed me to join in.  It has nothing to do with the attack on anyone’s freedoms or political views by any means. I Love every bit of my freedoms and would never give them up and would fight for every bit of them, but wanted to elaborate on this. The mask and vaccine are not for the the healthy person. From my little bit of education on covid and other viruses  tells me ya the mask does little, it does help but  does not stop it. I was always told that the regular mask will not protect me. Will it help Even at the tiniest bit? Yes. Even if your are healthy you can spread it a little even with no symptoms and yes I understand if you don’t want to wear one that’s on you. Germs are on everyone and from touching anything it can spread. Ya, not like if you are sick and sneezing and coughing, but you still can.  I know, it’s America and if you choose not to wear one, no worries either, but wanted to give a little on what I know about germs and how they spread.  Masks and hand washing helps everyone a little.  It mostly helps people with diabetes or those that are overweight and/or have hypertension or other diseases that this virus attacks that didn’t expect this virus to show up out of the blue and affect. Ya we can drink some beers and talk about all sorts of reasons why or how we think the virus came about and I am always down for that kind of discussion. I understand the reason for people to not want to get the vaccine. Am I going to rush and get it? Heck No I am not. Not because I am an anti vaccination person, but because I just don’t feel I need it.  I am not worried about it as much as I used to be through my year worth of education on this virus. Ya could it still affect me and maybe put me under for good?  Ya it can, but for my age and health I’m not too worried according to the odds and probability.  My little bit of conspiracy side thinks it might be big pharmaceutical jumping on a virus because they can make money off of it. that being said in my eyes if you are old and have some illness that it might affect then in my eyes it can only help.Like the flu vaccine, it will need to be taken every year and adds billions of dollars to big pharma pockets.  Likewise, with the flu vaccine, how I understand it, it’s for the elderly and for anyone who has an illness that this disease will attack or anyone who feels like they need it, and I won’t judge them if they take it. It’s up to them not anyone else. That’s what makes America great. For some reason thru social media In my eyes we have got into this culture of pointing fingers and blaming and not really enjoying what we really have. It’s the decision to make our own decisions, but to always know they come with consequences, and if you are ok with that then It’s on you. if I didn’t really Answer why I actually posted and quoted this post here it is. The mask is not for the person wearing it and is for the small chance you do have it and are not showing symptoms or might just be starting to show your symptoms. I hope if you do have any cold symptoms you are not going out but again that’s on you.i do see this disease every three days and it’s real and killing some people. Does it kill everyone that it touches?heck no. Some didn’t even know they had it,But it does kill and is being added to everything else that can get us. What scares me the most is I see what’s it does to the lungs of people that  it does make sick even if they don’t get admitted to the hospital it hurts the lungs and that alone scares me. No it does not attack the lungs on everyone but some it does and it creates a lot of damage. And what does that mean for that’s persons future? ThAt alone allows me to put on a mask when I walk  into a place of business that has the right to refuse service to anyone and make there own decisions on how to run there place of business.

If you took the time to read the post sorry for the long rant and I hope maybe it helps with a little.

Couesdeerhntr,

Appreciate your post. I to am very healthy, no underlying health issues and have no concerns about getting the virus. I wear a mask because I care about my neighbor, I have empathy and I feel compassion for others. Life is a gift and we are taught to love our neighbors as ourselves. If there is a 1% chance that wearing a mask could protect a vulnerable individual than I am all in and I will teach my family the same principles because I am modest, yes I have free will but that comes with consequences good or bad, and if the worst thing that comes is I teach my son that the world doesn't revolve around him and being uncomfortable is sometimes necessary to show true love and empathy than I guess I can sleep well. Stay safe all, Mark

• Like 11

wearing a mask is like wearing earplugs when shooting a high-powered rifle. won’t kill you if don’t have them in but wouldn’t hurt the cause if you did. Be safe out there gents.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 5:45 PM, Markleo21377 said:

Couesdeerhntr,

Appreciate your post. I to am very healthy, no underlying health issues and have no concerns about getting the virus. I wear a mask because I care about my neighbor, I have empathy and I feel compassion for others. Life is a gift and we are taught to love our neighbors as ourselves. If there is a 1% chance that wearing a mask could protect a vulnerable individual than I am all in and I will teach my family the same principles because I am modest, yes I have free will but that comes with consequences good or bad, and if the worst thing that comes is I teach my son that the world doesn't revolve around him and being uncomfortable is sometimes necessary to show true love and empathy than I guess I can sleep well. Stay safe all, Mark

Through my long rant this is what I ment so thank you Mark for the follow up post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, couesdeerhntr said:

Through my long rant this is what I ment so thank you Mark for the follow up post.

I didnt consider that a rant Dave, just a long informative post, hah! Hope you guys are well and the boys leg is all healed up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I didnt consider that a rant Dave, just a long informative post, hah! Hope you guys are well and the boys leg is all healed up.

Boy leg is good all healed up and acting like a kid again. Hope the same with you and your fam!

On 12/13/2020 at 10:51 PM, Delw said:

This "Essential" label is 100 % bull$hit. everyone is essential from the dude in the hotdog cart to the dude working as an leo or healthcare worker. the labeling of "ESSENTIAL" put people against people. and now we have a class of people that think they are "Special". No body is better than anyone else, no one is more important than anyone else..

Well said. Agreed.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2020 at 5:45 PM, Markleo21377 said:

Couesdeerhntr,

Bingo! I've been trying to stay out of these threads about Covid & the election, but the above kind of hit home, so to speak.

My lungs have been like mush for many years now. As a result, I've been on O2 24/7 for more than 15 years. Last March, I spent 11 days in the hospital for severe pneumonia and another 11 in a rehab facilty because I couldn't even walk due to the extended bed time. For a month after I returned home, I needed either a wheelchair or a walker to get around. It wasn't fun. So now, at 79 yrs. old and with my condition as it is, I haven't left the house since I got home from rehab because contracting C-19 would likely be my death warrant. But even though my life isn't too great, per se, I would prefer to hang around a bit longer.

My wife is also in her late 70s, has survived breast cancer and has Type II diabetes. Although her lungs are fine, obviously C-19 might also be her death warrant, considering what has been documented already. BUT..she soldiers on and ventures forth as little as possible for our basic necessities such as groceries. Of course she wears a mask, but it's more to protect others than it is for her benefit. And that is the way it is with everyone as has been said here a couple times. Even if you're wearing a mask and someone without one breathes C-19 germs close by, those germs are going to land somewhere. If someone doesn't inhale them directly, they can still contract the virus by touching an infected surface and bringing those germs to mouth or nose at some point.  

Since this scourge started, I've been selling a lot of stuff on a couple of different web sites, including here. In many cases the buyers chose to pick up their purchase at our house. Because wearing a mask is difficult for me, my wife dons her mask and acts as the point "man' for the exchange of cash and goods. I generally hang back at a considerable 'social distance.' When she's done, she uses sanitizer on her hands.

My rambling above was to get to this point: In PMs, I have stated my concerns to the buyers and all of them understood. Most wore a mask. They all know who they are, so if you're reading this, I just want to say thanks.   

Embedded1586535961875.png.ad9c36a164ca2840bc823d66098c2ebe.png

• Like 1