Sign in to follow this  
bigbuckfever

Name that bird

I heard a bird in the neighbors tree the other morning and am not sure what it was , so I took a quick video

. It was on the same perch I have seen an owl and another time a hawk.  I saw it fly away, but it was still too dark to tell what it was. It was as big as the owl and hawk, but it flew the other way.  Listen at the 5, 26, and 40 second mark and let me know if you have heard it before.  And no, this is not a prank.

23 minutes ago, bigbuckfever said:

I heard a bird in the neighbors tree the other morning and am not sure what it was , so I took a quick video

IMG_2200.MOV . It was on the same perch I have seen an owl and another time a hawk.  I saw it fly away, but it was still too dark to tell what it was. It was as big as the owl and hawk, but it flew the other way.  Listen at the 5, 26, and 40 second mark and let me know if you have heard it before.  And no, this is not a prank.

Sounds too high pitched to be an owl. Amanda could probably help with that. 

It does sound somewhat like a redtail hawk. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the replies all.  It sounds like the Cooper Hawk is the closest call to this.  That would make sense since there has been a hawk perched there before