Junctionboy

Sure

12 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Welcome. 👍

Tell us a bit about yourself. 

Well if I am honest--I found this website by googling the number I had for one of your members. You see this member and I traded hunts on a different website. I lived up to my part of the deal (got pics to prove it and he reviewed the hunt as 5 star) and when it came time for him to reciprocate per our agreement--he ghosted me and wouldnt respond to my texts for 11 days right before the time for me and my buddy to hunt. When he finally did respond, he told that his wife had covid as well as a complicating condition that made it very dangerous for her--and he would call me a in a little while-- didnt get back in touch with me for 3 days-- then says he is distancing from her and we might be able to work out a shortened hunt -- I told him to simply take care of his wife-- hunting was a secondary concern.

I continued to ask about her health and he has never once responded-- I started to feel like he wasnt being honest and googled his number-- boom this forum and his posts popped up. Its kinda stalky I know-- but dammit I believe when you shake hands on a deal you keep it. He cant respond to me -- but he has been all over this forum saying covid is bs and chatting it up with you guys, including the days he wouldnt talk to me. To be honest my reason for joining this fourm so that he doesnt do this to anyone else. 

7 minutes ago, Junctionboy said:

Sure

Well if I am honest--I found this website by googling the number I had for one of your members. You see this member and I traded hunts on a different website. I lived up to my part of the deal (got pics to prove it and he reviewed the hunt as 5 star) and when it came time for him to reciprocate per our agreement--he ghosted me and wouldnt respond to my texts for 11 days right before the time for me and my buddy to hunt. When he finally did respond, he told that his wife had covid as well as a complicating condition that made it very dangerous for her--and he would call me a in a little while-- didnt get back in touch with me for 3 days-- then says he is distancing from her and we might be able to work out a shortened hunt -- I told him to simply take care of his wife-- hunting was a secondary concern.

I continued to ask about her health and he has never once responded-- I started to feel like he wasnt being honest and googled his number-- boom this forum and his posts popped up. Its kinda stalky I know-- but dammit I believe when you shake hands on a deal you keep it. He cant respond to me -- but he has been all over this forum saying covid is bs and chatting it up with you guys, including the days he wouldnt talk to me. To be honest my reason for joining this fourm so that he doesnt do this to anyone else. 

Not good. Hope you get it worked out. 

Nope he hasn’t ever responded back with either how his wife is or anything and its my understanding that hunt time for rifle in Kansas has passed. I havent checked on that so I could be wrong— we were gonna use his landowner tags—that was what he told us. 

Kansas huh? Gee i think a member just posted his Kansas hunt here. Him and his wife killed some nice bucks there.  

So were you swapping a texas hunt for a kansas hunt? Who is the member here? Maybe someone knows the story

Nope he hasn’t ever responded back with either how his wife is or anything and its my understanding that hunt time for rifle in Kansas has passed. I havent checked on that so I could be wrong— we were gonna use his landowner tags—that was what he told us. 

16 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Kansas huh? Gee i think a member just posted his Kansas hunt here. Him and his wife killed some nice bucks there.  

Sounds like the same guy— I will need to search the posts to find out but that should not be too hard to do— he has family land in KS and a place in Az as well is my understanding. and low and behold he just finally txted me.

I am done — if his wife did have covid I am sorry( but then why would you say covid is BS?) — I hope she recovers — but honestly you have time to post on here and chime in and sell targets and bows but not time to simply respond to a guy you traded and axis hunt with and whose house you stayed at for 3 or 4 days? I fed him, took him out to lunch, introduced him to some of my friends— I feel like an idiot — heck I bought a new rifle for the hunt and was practicing at 350yds because he told me the shots were long— (the ones on my place are not for the most part) — hope if you trade with him you do better than I did. I feel completely mislead— I hope I am wrong (not ill on his family) just that was not his intention

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Acslate said:

Not good at all.  Junctionboy are you around Junction TX??  Hill country?

Yes— Junction Tx — low fence ranch. We are in between Junction and Roosvelt TX —- have you been here before? Did you like it?

Hopefully the guy that hosed you at least tries to make things right. He's on here a lot

I dont know, maybe not the same guy. The guy i was thinking of says hes super generous with his things and his property. He also told a member here last night something like if his family had covid its there fault for not following all the social distance guidelines, cant be the same guy..... i mean that would be super hypocritical right?

But heres that kansas post..... be sure to let us know if thats him

• Like 1