Mog

Best rifle scope regardless of price

1. Good reticle

2. Tracks consistently 

3. Smooth adjustments on zoom and crisp on turrets

4. Can take recoil and maybe a bump or two while afield.

If I can check these four boxes I am happy.

Other items like clarity and brightness are an after thought for me. 

Any money saved on scope choice spills over to reloading components. That's where I invest for repeatability. I am looking for a new scope this next season. May have to look at some of the above suggested

On 12/17/2020 at 8:42 PM, yotebuster said:

I’ve always been impressed at how high end optics hold their value.  The highest cost of ownership of any optic ive ever owned was a pair of Vortex binos I bought for $450 and had to throw away because they were such garbage.  I’ve got tens of thousands of dollars of other high end optics and I could sell any one of them right now and lose less then that on them.  I hear people talk about how they can’t afford high end optics and I’d argue that I can’t afford to run cheap optics.  

I believe in the old saying you get what you pay for after having a problem with a brand knew leupold i bit the bullet and bought a ZCO AMAZING SCOPE 

• Like 1

I guess I’m out of the loop.  My biggest splurges on scopes are Leupold and Vortex..around $500 each.  I haven’t felt deprived at all.  I even like my Redfield Revolution.  

56 minutes ago, 218buck said:

I just bought a ZCO amazing pricey but worth it. Liked it so much i bought two of them. Just sent in a leupold and a nightforce that has issues cost my daughter a big bull last year 

You had an issue with a night force?

It’s nice to read about people buying quality.  Typically I read about low end enthusiasm here like someone WTB a Savage or Mossberg MVP in the hopes they can get them for less than the $300 they go for new.  Or someone is looking to buy a scope and are asking what garbage you are willing to sell.  Hopefully in the future the rifle threads have more Cooper, Dakota, Nesika, Mcwhorter, Sako, Anschutz, Christensen etc.  and fewer Tikka, Ruger and Savage.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

In my opinion, the most suitable rifle scope for a real hunter is Leupold. I had the last three models, and I am delighted. A true hunter must understand how fragile such a level scope is, this is why it must always be protected. I tried many types of cases for my weapon, but I only recently found the guys that match all my requirements https://ballachy.com/best-scoped-rifle-cases/ . These guys helped me to choose the case that would perfectly fit my scoped rifle and protect it from water and hits.

• Haha 1