Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Javelina/Deer

Ive never seen that personally. But once i did see a single doe and a single turkey feeding together and i thought that was pretty cool. One had scent covered and the other had eyesight covered.  The perfect symbiotic relationship. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ctafoya said:

I hope I see the same thing in January!

Usually works out great to be glassing for one and see the other...getting a double would be really cool though. 

• Like 1

Within the last month I spied some (6) javelina within 20 yds of two coues deer.  One of the javelinas approached one of the deer to within 5 yds, and the deer didn't like it, ran off in the other direction maybe 15 yds away and stopped, looking back at the javelina.  It was pretty interesting.  After that the two groups kind of went about their own business.  I've seen javelina in that spot before, as well as many coues deer, but this spot appears to be the javelina's home.  Perhaps the javelina was being territorial.  I didn't seem to observe any real aggressive action other than the javelina approached the deer.  Couldn't see if there was any hackled fur or snappin' jaws.

• Like 2

I've seen a coues buck and a mulie buck come to water together and leave together like they were buddies.  Both were pretty young forkys.

• Like 1