Sign in to follow this  
joelpresmyk8

WTT federal small rifle primers

I have some federal small rifle primers I was hoping to trade for powder for .300 blackout or h1000

2 minutes ago, bustedknuckleinc said:

What 300 blk powder are you looking for?

This is the first time reloading for it so I don’t even know what’s good! 

7 minutes ago, cactusjack said:

are you wanting to load subsonic or supersonic 

I know it sounds dumb but somewhere right in between

There are only a few powders that work well with the 300 BO.  I believe H110 is one and the other is Lil' Gun.  Both are right next to each other on the powder burn rate chart.  I have some extra Lil' Gun, if you want to trade.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 10:35 AM, azsugarbear said:

There are only a few powders that work well with the 300 BO.  I believe H110 is one and the other is Lil' Gun.  Both are right next to each other on the powder burn rate chart.  I have some extra Lil' Gun, if you want to trade.

I agree, I have and use both.  The Lil Gun works well in both supersonic and subsonic for me (110Grn V-max and 208 Amax/Match).  H110 worked great for supersonic but it didn’t pressure well enough to cycle my bolt subsonic, provided you’re running a gas system.  Both are probably available, typically most times I look.  Another good powder is Accurate 1680 as well, but a lot harder to come by.  Bolt action wouldn’t matter.  Don’t waste your time with trail boss in a gas system (AR).

Accurate 1680 is my go to powder for reloading subs in 300 blk. I have never had an issue with cycling.

v max 110 gr and h110 does the trick in mine. Both of mine are 8.5 inch barrels. i have a pile of sierra tmgk 125gr I'm going to try next.